Chapter 21

November 16th, 2013

Justin walks the halls of school like a zombie. He got no sleep last night and probably won't for a while. Selena never returned home that night. Tonight, they are holding a search party for her. He asked all her friends if they saw her and they all said they didn't.

Josh walks inside his house.
"I just don't know," his mom sighs. "She's probably out with friends. She does this all the time," Olivia snaps. He slowly closes the door behind him. They still haven't realized that he's home.
"She would call if she was," she says.
"She's forgotten before," Olivia says.

Justin goes straight to Selena's house for the search party. Almost the whole school shows up. They spilt up into groups and start searching. The temperature is just below freezing. They search and search for hours in their winter coats but don't find her anywhere. "Let's try the woods," a kid suggests. They go to the woods and look around.
"Didn't you get Selena a charm bracelet?" Ryan asks. He walks over towards him.
"Yeah, why?" he asks.

"Is this it?" he asks as he holds up a golden charm bracelet. Justin takes the charm bracelet in his hands and studies it. It has three charms, a heart, dancer and music symbol.
"It's hers," he says. he looks more closely and notice that it is broken. Like it was caught on something or someone broke it off. he turns it around and sees blood on it. Tears fill his eyes and his heart shatters all at once.
"We should take this to the police," Ryan suggests.

Justin walks inside the station with Ryan and spots James. He runs over to him.
"We found Selena's bracelet," he tells him as he shows him the bracelet.
"How long has she been missing?" he asks.
"She went missing yesterday." He nods his head and looks at some notes.
"We've assigned detectives Booth and Sherman to the case. They will be questioning everyone tomorrow. I'll give this to them so they can start investigating."

Justin goes home and goes to his room. He goes over to his keyboard and sings.

"Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can't find no rest
Where I'm going is anybody's guess

I tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It's written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I'd try to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

I don't mean to drag it on, but I can't seem to let you go
I don't wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)

I'd try to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

Incomplete"