salutations

The next time Tyler saw Josh was in 3 days, when Tyler's mom called Angie because he had been out with Josh all night in the treehouse.

When Josh spotted Tyler his eyes lit up, but the nervous feeling had not gone away. Josh had finally been allowed to take testosterone and had a much deeper, more Manish like voice now. Josh loved it, but was worried because of what Tyler might think.

Immediateley Tyler ran over to Josh, stopping awkwardly when they reached each other. 'Salutations,' Josh mumbled, and Tyler nearly jumped out of his skin. 'What's salutations?' He scoffed. Josh was relieved I hadn't noticed his voice. 'Salutations?' He asked, surprised at Tyler. 'I-it means hello!' He said, half laughing.

(References)

Tyler's eyes widened. 'W-whats... your voice??' Tyler stuttured. Josh took a deep breath. 'I took testosterone, to make my voice deeper. So I'm a proper boy.' He attempted to speak clearly, but his voice wobbled.

Tyler hesitated, and Josh could clearly tell he was wondering what to think of it. He said nothing, but Josh could see in his eyes he seemed to accept it. Tyler, being who he was, forgot to answer.

Josh heard talking in the next room, and stood up to listen. Tyler slipped his hand into Josh's big paw hand. He jumped, surprised, but soon squeezed Tyler's hand back.

Silently they walked to the door, and both pressed their ears against it. At first theu could only hear muffled voices, so Tyler got bored and lined up the cars next to the door.

Not giving up, Josh listened even more intently. 'You know how autistic children often develop obsessions, like Tyler and space and stars,' he heard Angies soft voice smoothly whisper.

'Yes,' Tyler's mom breathed.

'Well, forget space and stars. He clearly has a new obsession, and that's Josh.'