Trees

Tyler and Josh talked for 2 hours about anything and everything, until Angie came back in and told them it was time to leave. Tyler was frustrated and didn't want to leave Josh. 'Will you come to my tree house some time?' He said quickly, scribbling down where it was and what time. Josh smiled. 'Yeah, sure!' He said. He wasn't just being nice - Josh was genuinely interested in Tyler and had developed a crush on him, but was so good at hiding his feeligs now that no one relaised. Plus Tyler couldn't read emotions very well, so he relaxed around Tyler and didn't feel the need to hide them so much.

Tyler again did not play Mario on the way home and was nervous about seeing Josh again tomorrow, at his treehouse. That was the only place that his parents let him go alone, because it was in the forest behind their house.

-

Tyler got there an hour before they agreed, because he was too nervous to wait in his room.

He sat on the squishy second hand sofa, picking at the silver stars he had stuck on. He rocked for a while, staring at his feet and tracing the converse star with his finger.

He fiddled with the wind chimes and twitched the space curtains, the same theme as his room.

After a very long 30 minutes, he spotted Josh walking through the forest, looking around anxiously and squinting his eyes to find the treehouse. His feet were strangely silent against the leaves and he stopped In front of the treehouse, shifting uncomfortably, his eyes wide, standing cowardly.

Tyler wouldn't have noticed him, as he was silent and hidden between the crowded trees.

Their eyes connected, and Josh stopped looking like a huge coward. His mouth turned into a huge smile, his body relaxed. Running towards the treehouse, Tyler squeaked and ran to let down the ladder.

'Is that the only way up and down? What if it fell?' Said Josh, looking concerned. 'Yeah, you should probably be concerned' Said Tyler, grinning and flattered that Josh cared. 'We all take the ladder anyway,' Said Tyler, throwing the end down to Josh.