2. Hatred

Author Notes: I have seen many different fanfiction stories involving a neglected Naruto.  Most of them haven't been completed or poorly written.  So, I decided to try my hand at it.  I strongly advise those whom are faint of heart, hate violence, brutality, and neglect not to read this.  I claim no rights or claim to own the Naruto series or its characters as they are owned by Masashi Kishimoto.  The only characters I do claim to own are the OCs that I will be using.  I also don't claim the other kitsunes or demon foxes that I will be using as they are owned by the various anime series that they are featured in.  Please be sure to leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think.

Key guide: "regular speech", 'thinking to one's self', *telepathic/mental speech*, (author notes), bold-demons/summons speaking, italics-attacks/jutsus/special abilities

Two: hatred

Three years have passed since the attack on the leaf made by Kyuubi.  Almost everyone knows of the story about how the fourth hokage Minato Namikaze fought off the beast and how the third sacrificed his life to kill off the beast.  Not many knew the truth about how the nine-tailed fox was actually sealed away within the body of a newborn baby.  And it was the fourth's own son, Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze.  The fourth and his family were often treated like royalty everyone except for Naruto.  Everyone looked down upon the child.  Spat in his general direction, spoke ill about the child, and hated him all because of what he held within his body.  Rumors spread throughout the village that Naruto was the nine-tailed fox.  This caused him to become alienated and hated.

There was only a small handful of people who didn't fear Naruto.  They saw a sad and lonely boy who hid behind a mask of smiles.  Several of the Anbu would make certain that Naruto didn't get abused by the villagers.  When it did happen and Naruto went to his parents, he was called a liar and beaten up even more.  It seemed to Naruto that even his own family hated him.  He was only given scraps for food.  He was given Menma's second hand and ripped clothing.  His room existed up in the attic where he had a ratty old blanket and destroyed mattress for a bed.  Not even his older brother or twin sister treated him with respect. 

The ones who did try to help him the most where four of the Anbu guards cat (Yugao), dog (Kakashi), weasel (Itachi), and bear (Yamato).  They were always around to help protect Naruto.  Naruto's god parents Jiraiya and Tsunade who tried to spoil him rotten.  But a day or two later after they left, his parents would give the items that Naruto got to Nariko and Menma.  Naruto at times had to hide items that Jiraiya and Tsunade gave him without his family knowing.  Then there was the owner of Ichiraku Ramen, Teuchi and his daughter Ayame, who would give Naruto something to eat for free because he had no money and it was clear as day that he was starving.  Finally, there was his teacher at the ninja academy Iruka who would help Naruto with his school work and training.

When Nariko and Menma began learning the clans jutsu.  Naruto also wanted to learn but his parents refused to teach him even the basics.  In what free time the Anbu guards and Iruka had, they helped him learn about jutsu.  It wasn't until Naruto was four years old that he learned the hard way about the burden he carried.  It was the night of the Kyuubi festival.  Naruto's and Nariko's birthday when it happened.  Naruto was kicked out of the house because of Nariko's birthday even though it was his as well seeing how they were twins.

'I can't believe that they forgot yet again.' Naruto sighed as he made his way through the village.  Naruto couldn't understand why everyone hated him.  Night fell quickly as he could see a bunch of villagers who had a blood thirsty look in their eyes.  'Shit!' Naruto cursed as he turned to run.

"There's the demon!  Let's get him!" yelled out the villagers as they gave chase.

Naruto dodged and weaved through the ally's as the villagers were in hot pursuit.  Naruto cursed at his dumb luck as his four Anbu guardians were out of the village.  Naruto hoped to make it to the Forest of Death.  There he had found a hollow tree that was big enough to hide in escaping the villagers' wrath.  But this time he wasn't so lucky as several villagers waited for him near the entrance to the forest.