f o u r: January.

a/n: leave some motherfucking comments so I know I'm doing it right.

Two weeks. That's how much time had passed since Camila last talked to Lauren. She's not sure why Lauren's ignoring her, although she thinks she knows.

Dinah asks her about it a few times, even offering to talk to Lauren, Camila politely declines.

It hurts. It hurts like a motherfucker. The kiss they shared, it wasn't just a drunken kiss to Camila and she hated herself for thinking that it meant something to Lauren. It obviously didn't. It obviously doesn't.

It hurts seeing Lauren in the hallway, smiling and laughing at something Alexa said or Lucy did, it hurts hearing her laugh and knowing she's not the reason behind it.

The thing is, Lauren was a bit too drunk during the party.

The moment Camila pushed her away, Lauren's heart broke into pieces. She ran away and drowned the taste of Camila's lips with two shots of Tequila, before making herself another Whisky-Coke, with way too much Whisky.

And then, blank. She has a hole in her memory that lasts a few hours.

But she does remember Camila pushing it away. She remembers it so vividly and for some reason, she keeps replying it every day.

The memory is something Lauren is trying so hard to forget, but also something she doesn't ever want to forget. It's her first kiss with Camila.

She never wants to forget the feeling in her stomach when she felt Camila kissing her back, how right it felt. How good it felt. It's like their lips are meant to be kissing all the time, as if they're made for each other.

Lauren knows they aren't. The push that followed just a few moments later is a proof.

She blames herself for trying anything at all. She hates herself for ruining the friendship she had with Camila.

So, to wash away the taste of Camila's lips on her own, Lauren finds herself hanging out with Vero a lot. They spend a lot of time one on one, mostly behind the closed doors of their rooms.

Vero's a great kisser, Lauren will give her that. But, she's not Camila.

"For how long are we going to do this?" Vero questions her one night

"I'm going home in like—" Lauren checks her phone "half an hour."

"That's not what I meant. For how long will you keep using me to forget about Camila?"

Lauren lets out a dry laugh. "I don't know."

"Does it at least work?"

"No."

"Do you want to keep trying?"

"I don't know."

"Lauren, I'm trying to be here for you. I just don't know how and if this—whatever this is—if it's working then I'll keep doing it. If that's what you want."

"I don't know what I want Vero! I just want—her."

"Have you tried talking to her?"

"No. I don't—she doesn't seem like she needs me anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"She has Dinah and she has Jaz, they're all she needs."

"Are you sure?"

"I don't know. Seems like it. Whenever I look at her, she's with them, and she's smiling, it hurts. It hurts so much Vero, you have no idea."

And just like that, Lauren cracks down and starts crying. She cries and cries and cries and Vero keeps holding her tightly in her arms.