What are we?

Nando's was always their go to place to eat and it showed in the amount of times that they went. Calfreezy and Harry had joined them at Nando's and were now indulged in some lively conversation, as they always managed to. It wasn't difficult for them to get a conversation started between them all, after all it is what they did for their job. On the other hand, socializing often too it's toll on Indy as she found it to be exhausting after a while. Currently, she just wanted to go to sleep and take some time out.

Still trying to get over the incident that had just happened, Indy had found herself unable to focus throughout the dinner, she had yet to tell Vik as it was and she really wasn't in the mindset to do so. Instead, she had zoned out slightly as she played with her food instead of eating it.

Simon noticed her fragile movements, it broke his heart a little bit so he slid his hand under the table and squeezed her smaller one as a sign of support. Simon carried on with the conversation, not wanting to bring much attention to her as he know that it was the last thing Indy would have wanted. After spending so much time with her, Simon had picked up on the little things Indy used to do, like pulling on her sleeves when nervous, zoning out when tired and even the way that her voice changed depending on how she was feeling.

As soon as she felt the touch of his hand, she looked up to see Simon casually going on with the conversation as internally she thanked him, she grabbed onto his arm with the other hand as though she felt like she needed to. As the conversation drew on, Simon rubbed her hand soothingly with his thumb whilst occasionally looking down and smiling at Indy.

It was astonishing to Indy how nice and caring Simon was whilst still being meaningful about it, she couldn't bring herself to not care about him too. After years of keeping her guard up, it was frightening to have to pull them down for someone she had known for such a short amount of time. Simon gave her a sense of stability - something that Indy hadn't felt in a long time.

The night came to an end rather quickly, after all time flies when you're having fun. Harry had decided to go home but Calfreezy decided to spend a little longer with them.

"So I hear you finally have a new room mate?" Josh said as he drove.

"Yeah she's called Alex," Calfreezy replied.

"SHE?" Indy said a bit too loudly.

"Yeah a bloody she," Calfreezy said sounding rather annoyed.

"Why'd you say it like that," Simon laughed.

"Cause she is proper annoying, loud mouth and everything and now Harry has invited her to JME's wedding and it's making me want to kill myself," Calfreezy let out.

"Jeez surely she's not that bad," Josh commented.

"Yeah, can't say anything though. It's Harry's best mate so," Cal explained.

"I'm sure she's fine Cal," Indy replied.

Calfreezy sighed having had enough of talking about Alex. He had decided to join them and go back to the Sidemen house for a bit and then he would be getting an Uber home.

"Well I'm off to bed," Indy yawned as she kicked the shoes of her feet.

"It's like 11pm. The night is still young," Calfreezy replied.

"That's late enough for me. Night guys," Indy waved as she made her way up the stairs.

"Jeez what's up with her,"Calfreezy sighed.

The guys chilled around for a bit before finally, they decided to go to bed in the late morning. Simon had informed Vik on what had occurred before the outing, and they began to discuss Indy's health and how the mental illness seem to come out of nowhere to him.

"She went from this cheeky little confident girl to someone who practically became a stranger to me. As much as I love her and that, it was difficult for me too. I hate seeing her struggling to breath and shaking like there's no tomorrow. Nobody wants to see someone that they love so dearly to be in a state like that," Vik confessed.

"I totally understand Vik," Simon replied.

"I don't know what's happened to her that's changed her so badly. It would just be nice to see the old Indy again, the playful one that loves banter."

This intrigued Simon as that is the way that Indy behaved when around him. What did this mean? What were they?

"I just feel so distant from her these days," Vik continued.

"There's something I could do about this," Simon thought to himself.

"Anyway, night Simon."

"Night Vik."

Simon opened the door to his bedroom and instinctively turned the light on, only to find a petite body laying in his bed cuddled up with the duvet begin to awake.

"I didn't mean to wake you," Simon apologized as he began to take his shoes off and place them in his wardrobe.

"It's alright. I should probably be going to my room anyway. I fell asleep watching Netflix," Indy spoke softly as she rubbed her eyes from the sudden exposure to the bright light.

"I'd rather you stay," Simon said as he walked across to pick up the shorts he had left on the sofa to get changed into.

"Are you sure? I can just go to my room if you want," She replied.

"No. Stay."

Simon switched the lights back off and continued to slide into the bed as he would've done usually. He pulled Indy closer towards him so that they could cuddle. All Indy could hear were the silent heartbeats of Simon as she lay against his chest.

"This is nice," Simon confessed.

"I know right," Indy agreed.

"For someone who hates hugs, I'm surprised you're such a good cuddles," Simon joked.

"Well what can I say?"

"I think we should go on a long drive tomorrow."

"How come?" Indy asked.

"It's just been a while and it would be nice to chill out and get away from everything for a while," Simon said knowing full well he was going to use this as an opportunity to get to know more about Indy's past.

"Sure, why not? That sounds nice."