Old Relationships

"Vik. Are you there?" Indy asked over the phone as it seemed to be the only form of rare communication that occurred between the two siblings these days.

"Obviously, Indy. Now what do you want?" He asked, clearly seeming to be busy with something else, which only aggravated Indy a little further. They rarely got to speak as it was anyways.

"Mum, Dad and the rest of the fam are going on this long ass cruise and I don't want to go," She started.

"Yeah and what do you want me to do about it?" He interrupted, before she even had the oppurtunity to finish what she had to ask.

"Which means that I would need to stay at yours for the time being. I promise I won't get in the way and you won't even realise that I'm there in the house. But for the sake of putting dad's mind at rest please say that I can stay," At this point Indy was just desperate and aware that she may be pushing her luck however she really didn't want to be going on this cruise.

"Right," There was a short pause as if he was thinking about it. "I''ll ask the guys and see what I can do. No promises though."

"I'm okay with that," Indy replied knowing that she could put her mind to rest as well as her parents. "Call me when you're done though because they leave in like a week."

"Will do. Bye now," He said putting the phone down before she could even bid farewell.

That's what it was these days, Vik being 'too busy recording' or 'editing and uploading' that the once inseparable pair was now more seperated than ever. Indy always put the reason down to him being busy but she understood that it was a lot of hard work, and that they were no longer children and things wouldn't be going back to how they were anytime soon.

Impatiently, Indy waited for the phone call all the time but only to find her heart pressing deeper and deeper to see that it wasn't Vik. It wasn't that Vik forgot to ask the rest of the guys about it, in fact they were more than delighted to have a different face in the house, he just forgot to ring back but YouTube always came first in his ocean of priorities. So clearly the prime time to ring back was the night before.

"When do you need picking up?" Vik asked over the phone as usual.

"Well considering that they leave at 4am and it's 11 O'Clock right now, a ride soon would be great," Indy attempted to restrain showing her impatience with the lack of organisation from her brother but failing miserably.

"Tonight! Awh no, I've still got like 2 more videos to record yet," Vik said as Indy's heart dropped to her stomach upon the realisation.

"Oh right...Well then maybe you can pick me up tomorrow? I'll just have to lock up the house," She replied trying to find solutions even though she knew her parents wouldn't allow this.

But so did Vik," No. I think JJ is free, let me just go and ask him."

She could feel the hope raising her heart from her stomach even though she knew she shouldn't. For Indy, any form of hope always seemed to end in disappointment and nothing else. Maybe not this time though, as she could faintly hear Vik talking to JJ before coming back onto the phone, "Yeah he's going to bring the Lambo, so be ready for about half 12 maybe."

"Thanks Vikram," She replied inwardly sighing a huge relief.

"It's all good," He said cutting the phone before she even had the oppurtunity to say 'See you soon' but cutting the phone early was one of Vik's worst habits.

Luckily for Indy, she seemed to have been gifted the organised gene whereas her brother, not so much. Her main suitcase and duffel bag was packed and ready to go, but still had a couple of last minute items she needed to put away like her laptop and chargers into her trusted backpack. Mostly, she spent her time waiting to be picked up by JJ with her family before they went off on holiday. The Singhs were family-orientated people and so family always came first. It was no surprise that her two younger siblings were too excited to even get any sleep and her parents still worried even though she was going onto 18 years old.