Promotions and Proposals

Start from the beginning

"Fine, then marry me."

"I–" she stopped, realizing what he had said. The worst part was she couldn't tell if he was joking. "Marry you? Right now? N'anya, we're still teenagers!"

"Not right now, but in the future. Every king needs a queen, right?"

She took a deep breath. "We can figure this out after I get home from Mandalore. I don't want to be leading the entire 501st to it's death because I'm distracted. Go ahead and take the job." She smiled. "I'm really happy for you, Lux, even though it might not seem like it. I wish I could be there to experience this is person with you."

"Me too," he sighed. "I should probably let you get some sleep. It's going to be a long day tomorrow for both of us. Bye, 'Soka. I love you."

"I love you, too." His holographic form faded away, and she collapsed back on her bed. She winced as a spring hit a nerve on her back. Lux was right; it was going to be a long mission.

-:-:-:-:-:-

His coronation was all over the holonet. When she woke up, there was still a few hours left before she had to prepare for landing. There were several things she could do to be productive, but she watched the ceremony anyway. She didn't feel like sitting up, so she turned the holodisk on its side to see it properly.

(Memorial Plaza is where the coronation takes place. Picture for reference because why not)

 Picture for reference because why not)

She could tell Lux was excited. He stood tall as he walked past the large crowd towards where Steela's funeral had been, his chin elevated slightly. His elaborate robes were crimson red, matching the ruby stone on the ring around her finger and the necklace he had given her at their first dance. She smiled at the memory, remembering how young and naive they had been a few short years ago.

The people respected Lux. That much was evident. They stood quietly as he passed through the center isle across the carpet. Other politicans nodded as he glided past them, which was something Ahsoka hadn't ever seen before. Lux had worked hard for that crown, and she knew it. Every day, every choice was about the people. His people. What would make them happy? How would a proposed legislation affect them?

Saw Gerrera, the General of the Army and Lux's long-time friend, stood in front of the  enter isle in front of everyone, the crown resting on a pillow in his hands. He made eye contact with Lux, smiling.

She wasn't sure whether to laugh at the commentary or feel deeply hurt.

"I'm not exactly sure why they wanted this child to be king, Arcas," a female Bothan said to her counterpart.

"Me neither, Raka. Bonteri is simply too young. He has no experience with leading a planet." Arcas paused before continuting. "Well, that's not completely true. He's been the Senator for a good while now. That counts for something."

Raka shook her head. "No, it's not his political capability I worry about. You heard about his illegal relationship with a Jedi Padawan, right? She ended up going crazy and leaving the Order for him, I think. Who knows if they're still together."

"Oh yeah," Arcas nodded his head. "I remember that. I wonder what happened to her. I just hope Bonteri doesn't do anything like that while on the throne, don't you?"

"Indeed. The fact that he's a teenager could really work against him, with all those emotional ups and downs."

She decided to simply tune them out and watch.

The Archbishop stepped up to the podium once Lux climbed the stairs and reached the center. After delivering a heartfelt speech, tha Archbishop presented Lux with the royal scepter as he knelt down on one knee. It was almost similar to the knighting process of the Jedi Order, which reminded Ahsoka of all that had transpired during her trial. She sighed, remembering how she had felt back then. Everything was different.

Once the crown was firmly placed on his head, Lux stood up and was pronounced King of Onderon. Ahsoka couldn't help but smile. She was proud of everything he had become and everything he worked so hard to build. She just wished she could've been there in person for this special moment in his life.

Lux delivered a fantastic and moving speech about Onderon's role in the galaxy, leaving the crowd speechless. It took them a few moments to let what he'd said sink in before they erupted in applause.

Just seeing the crowd react made Ahsoka realize how much she actually missed him. "I love you, n'anya..." she whispered out loud. She pulled his blanket up to her chin and fell back asleep.

A/N: Happy spring! I hope you're all still alive and not buried beneath piles of homework... I'm on spring break right now, so I wish everyone in school the best of luck.

I've been at a camp all day all week, so I've had almost no time to write. This chapter started out as a little 5 minute conversation I originally had in the last chapter, but it ended up being much longer. I added in the coronation too because a) why not, b) I wanted to add in the Rita Skeeters of the Star Wars galaxy, and c) it shows how much both of them, though Lux in particular, have grown up. The war forces teenagers to assume adult roles far too early, which is something the Clone Wars really plays with during Ahsoka's character development.

I had originally planned on updating everything this week, but that is not going to happen. I'll see what I can do about a fee more, but no promises. I have a huge joint-birthday party with two of my best friends on Sunday night (all three of us had a birthday this week), which is going to be absolutely epic. We're getting together tonight and tomorrow to prepare.

I'm watching the Onderon arc in season 5 right now, getting some brain food. I just can't take it. THEY WAY THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER THOUGH! THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

Assuming I don't die in a puddle of feels, I'll see you in the next update. May the force be with you.