.00

"I'll text you later, girl."

I wave goodbye to my best friend, Ashley Kim, and exit the Starbux Cafe with a Mocha Light Frappuccino in hand. Sipping the drink, I feel a familiar energized spark run through my veins and I let out a hoot.

I check the time on my phone and hastily made my way to the metro. It was only 6 in the morning but the streets were already buzzing with life.

I received a Snapchat from Ashley and I giggled wildly at the hideous face she sent.

I've known Ashley since I was in middle school, and we've been best friends for eight years. She's truly a crazy and witty girl; a true comedian, and I can't help but grow closer despite how close we already are.

"Please stand behind the yellow line..."

I was in the middle of completing my reply when a man shouted from the crowd. People scattered as two people started arguing, pushing and shoving each other around. However, being the dumb and insensitive me, I tried to stop the couple from quarreling.

"Um- excuse me--"

"Stay out of this!"

I frowned. Well that was rude, I didn't even get to finish.

"Please take this fight somewhere else, you're causing a commotion..." I reply in a firm tone. Stepping between the lady who was throwing insults at her companion, I tried to calm her down. However, despite how much I didn't want to admit it, her long manicured nails sure were intimidating...

"Get out of my way!" she shrieked, now using her Louis Vuitton purse to threaten me. I grumbled and took a step back, holding my hands up in defense.

"Woah, chill lady..."

I grabbed hold of her arm, attempting to prevent her from striking me. A blood vessel bulges on her forehead caked with foundation two shades lighter than her skin, and I couldn't help but get butterflies in my stomach. Her boyfriend loomed over me, apparently pissed that I laid a finger on his girl.

"Who told you to touch her?" he cried, shoving me away.

Like, really dude? I was trying to save your ass--

But then I realized I needed more ass-saving than he did.

What happened? You guessed it. The macho man pushed poor 19 year-old me toward the tracks and sent me flying over the edge-- exactly when the train was arriving.

Just my luck. Over anything I could have thought about, I remembered the Economics paper due today. I had totally forgot to finish it because I spent all night binge watching my favorite k-dramas. At least I didn't have to worry about meeting deadlines in the after life... haha.

Hunting Prey || p.jiminOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara