Chapter 40

I looked at Levi. Why would he do this? He is going to get us both in trouble. "Levi? What are you doing?" I whispered soft enough, so only he could hear.

"I am making sure you don't get killed. It was pretty stupid of you to speak out." He whispered back.

"Captain Levi, stand down. That is an order." Erwin said amongst the crowd.

"Not unless Eren's safty is promised."

"He said that he didn't mind dying."

"Yes I know, but I don't want him to die, he just spoke out a little, not wanting to see us tare eachother apart over whether he lives or dies. I imagine he is actually just wishing he got a break from all the recent stress."

"Eren, is this true?"

"Yes, sir."

"But wait! Captin Levi and Eren Jaeger are in a romantic relationship, no? He will do anything to protect him, even if he knows what Eren did is wrong. The real Levi would have sentenced anyone else to death." Someone from the crowd yelled.

Erwin still stood there, completely emotionless. "That is true. You would have to agree to that, right Levi?"

"Yes." Levi growled under his breath. "But still, whether you like it or not, I will do anything to keep him alive. If you do end up executing him, then that would suck if you also lost humanity's strongest to suicide."

"Are you seriously claiming that you would kill yourself if we killed Eren?"

"Yes."

I paused, Levi would kill himself if I died? I don't want to die now, I can't if I want him to live.  "Levi, I don't thi-"

"Not now Eren." He snapped back at me.

"How about we make a deal? We don't execute Eren, but he goes back to the cell, so he doesn't try to do anything else."

Levi looked back at me, as if he wanted my opinion on this. I nodded my head. Being in the dungeon was a lot better than ending up with both Levi and me dead.

"It's a deal." He threw the sword to the ground, and loosened his stance.

After that everyone, but Commander Erwin, Levi, and I were dismissed, and taken to Erwin's office for a quick meeting.