Chapter Five--Annabelle

This is a shorter chapter. In my opinion, this is the best one yet. Warning: this chapter contains a bunch of angry Canadians, a moose, Pierre feeding Palm trees, and a male dancer (who once had a dance in a sailor costume) who has a name in common with Peter.

Yay. I get another chapter. (Yes, Emma. You can have the next one.) So where did Lisa leave off? Yes, after we went back to the dorms.

                     It was seven P.M. Katelyn, Emma, and I were in the dorm with Lena. Katelyn wouldn't stop talking. She was so excited to be able to see what normal life was like in another country. Actually, our life wasn't exactly normal. But it was close enough. I didn't mind her talking because I was so worried about dance tryouts. Yes, I'm a good dancer, but even the greatest get nervous.

              "Hey, what is your house like?" Katelyn asked.

            "Like yours, probably," I told her.

          "Really?" she asked, sounding surprised.

          "Ja. Germonio isn't a third world country. Our house might be even more advanced than yours," said Emma.

           Katelyn looked embarrassed. "I just... This place is an older building, so......" she stuttered.

     "This is just an older building. BAYA has been around a while. The part of Munich where we live is much newer," Emma explained.

           My phone rang. It was Ina. I excused myself and went into the sitting room area.

                 "Hallo, Annabelle," Ina said.

           "Hallo. What's up?" I said.

               "That's what I called about. Peter's cousin, Esme, is coming Saturday, and I have to go to the Roviet Confederacy on a business trip," she said.

           Uh oh. "So... Peter's going to be at the house—pretty much in charge—by himself?" That was going to be scary.

          "Um... yeah, but Esme's going to be there. She'll be more in charge than he will be." We laughed.

                 "I've got to go. We have dance team tryouts tonight," I told Ina.

           "Good luck!" she said.

            "Thanks. Bye."

                "Emma!" I hissed once back in the room with my friends.

          "Yes?" she asked. I motioned for her to join me.

                  "Ina is going to be out of the country this weekend, and Esme is coming to visit," I informed her. "Remember Katelyn is coming home with us," she reminded me. "I know."

                   "Let's go eat!" Katelyn called to us.

            "But it's only seven thirty!" Emma protested.

           "Just wait until eight!" I pleaded.

          "Okay," Katelyn sighed. "You guys are weird," she added.

          "Get used to it. At our house we don't eat until two A.M.!" Emma laughed.

         Katelyn's face went pale. "Really?" she asked.

         "No. We eat at eight thirty or nine," I said. Katelyn relaxed a little bit.

       "I'd rather eat at two A.M then six P.M," Emma said