Chapter Four - The Angel

I do not own phantom of the opera or any songs from it. Nor do I own Love never Dies or any songs from that.
Thanks for reading!!!
----------------------------------------------

I froze... it was pitch black on the Primadonna dressing room. My mind raced.... the Phantom always revealed himself to Christine after Roul asked her to dinner... "the Angel of music is very strict..." oh my gosh I'm an idiot.... I spun around and pressed my back to the door watching the mirror expectantly...

"Insolent boy! The slave of fashion!..."

His voice.... this was no man I'd ever heard before.... who is that? Is this a prank? I silently prayed it was...

"Basking in your glory!!"

I couldn't bring myself to stay silent, Erik was dead and that's if he ever existed. I'm not Christine! Even if this was the real phantom he would be like 200 years old!! On top of that I look nothing like Christine! But if this man truly thinks he is the phantom I have to respond... I'll just think of it as a very real rehearsal...

"Angel I hear you speak, I listen, you've stayed by my side, and guided me!..." if I change the words maybe he won't try to take me to his lair... assuming this is real... as much as I love Erik a fangirl over him I cannot deny that he could be dangerous... and anyone willing to lock someone I their own dressing room in this time period is someone to be wary of.

"Angel my soul is weak, for give me.. you're here at last, Angel!"

The voice was hesitant to reply... maybe I'd thrown him off?

"Flattering child shall you know me?"

"No..." I'd stopped singing and spoke to him instead. The room was left silent. I could not anger this mystery man, I had to think quick. "Angel I am not ready to be graced with your presence..." silence...

"Christine... Christine......"

"Christine!" I heard someone call through the door. I jumped, the voice had startled me, it was a girl's voice. Meg!

"Where in the world have you been hiding? Really you are perfect! I only wish I knew your secret, who is your great tutor?!" She sang through the door.

I tried the door, and to my surprise it opened. As soon as my fingers touched the knob the lights returned to the room... I cannot turn into this man's Christine....

"Meg! It's good to see you!"

"Christine you ruined the song! I heard the voice from your dressing  room and figured it would be fun to practice! Were you using a speaker?"

"Of sorts..." I did not know this girl well. I certainly didn't want her to think I was insane! I heard a voice that's all. I saw nothing, for all I knew this could be a prank. In fact the more I thought about it, that's probably all it was. Some big prank, and if Jewel was in on it I could not admit that I'd been scared.

"I must go! He'll wonder where I am..." I had no intention of explaining who he was or where I was going. I simply turned and jogged off toward the main entrance.

-------------------------------------------
So this was a very short chapter... sorry! But yeah. There's Erik!! Hope you enjoyed it! And please give feedback!!!

So, I'm about to start several books and this one is part of the series. They haven't really got anything to do with each other but once I come out with the second to last you'll understand! So if you could read my "The Timing of the Loss of a Love" that is also a part or the series. I can't say too much for fear of spoiling it. But I hope you enjoy!!!!! 😁