Avoiding the issues

Lisa's POV

It's been just over two weeks now since I was released from prison and I'm still unsure why they arrested Mia because it couldn't possibly have been her. It was Leanne's old house and Mia didn't know anything about it until I took her there, but I haven't said anything to the police about it because I don't want to risk them thinking I was apart of it and locking me up again.

I've been getting visiting orders sent from Mia for me to come and visit her, but so far I've been avoiding her requests, but each time I throw one away, the more I start to feel guilty about it. Mia is stuck in prison for something she didn't do and has nobody to turn to just like I was and I know how it feels to be blamed and punished for something you didn't do, which is why I agreed to visit her on thursday. I'm really nervous about seeing her again, but in a way I'm happy about seeing her too. Ever since the police arrested me, my mom refuses to see me and has told the nurses not to let me visit her in the nursing home and with my police record and being 8 month pregnant and lack of work experience. I can't even find anybody to hire me so I've been spending pretty much everyday sitting by myself in my apartment.

****
Leanne's POV

Micheal and I haven't spoken about what happened with Mia since the day she was arrested. Not because we don't care, but because we're trying to move on with our lives and forget about the past and concentrate on our future. In the last few weeks things between Micheal and I have been going great and I can't remember the last felt this happy and relaxed. Mia has sent me visiting orders a few times, but each time I've thrown them away. I do wonder sometimes how she is, but I haven't gone to visit her because I already know she's in the best place she can be right now and seeing her again is just going to bring back too many memories that I'm trying to forget. Neither of us have heard or seen anything from Lisa and hopefully she has moved far away by now and is moving on with her life like we are.

I came to visit Micheal at work today and I'm sitting in his office, playing with Bugsy while Micheal is finishing off some paper work and Randy walks in.

"Have you finished that report yet? I've been waiting all day"

"Yeah, I finished it this morning. sorry I forgot to tell you" Micheal says getting up from his seat and goes over to his filing cabinet" and Randy sighs heavily and stands impatiently, waiting for him to get whatever report Randy needed so urgently then turns to me confused.

"You brought your cat to the office?"

"I said she could. Because she didn't wanna leave him alone in the house all day" Micheal cuts in before I can reply.

"That was caring of you" he mumbles in a slightly sarcastic tone. "If it's a problem, i'll just take him home and..."

"It's not a problem" Micheal cuts me off "is there?" He frowns at Randy, handing him the report he asked for "Nope. I was just saying it's nice how much Micheal cares for people" he shrugs innocently and Micheal frowns as he leaves the room.

"Have I done something to upset him?" I ask when Randy leaves the room. "No why?"

"He just seems really off with me latley. Like he's mad at me"

"He's been like that with everybody. He just going through some personal issues right now is all" he smiles at me through pursed lips. "What kind of personal issues? Maybe I can help him or..."

"He'll be fine" he cuts me off "it's probably best you try and stay out of his way when he's like this. I tried to talk to him yesturday and he flipped out at me" he says and I nod, unsure of his answer. Randy and I have always gotten along pretty well but for the past few weeks he's seemed really distant and acts like he can't stand being around me.