I'm a Waterbender!

Start from the beginning

"Watch out!" But she didn't react fast enough. I tried to rush towards her, but I heard a painful crunching sound as the Sato Mobile collided into the Avatars side, flinging her across the road. She was lying to the side of the road, groaning in pain. I gasped and took several steps back in shock. The car stopped for a moment, and the firebender ran to clamber inside, its occupants were the other two people who Korra had beaten.

As the Satomobile was taking off, My vision tinged red, and I roared in anger. How dare they just run off after smashing into a person full speed with a vehicle and threatening an old man! I may not know who I am, but I knew that I wouldn't stand for this kind of injustice.

I spared a glance at the stirring body of Korra, before running after the vehicle. I couldn't let them get away. I yelled angrily.

"Where do you think you're going!?" I off-handedly noticed that by now most if not all the citizens had cleared the area, in fear or safety, I dunno. They were about to turn the corner, and all I could think was, they're not getting away! I didn't know what I was going to do, but I just stared at the vehicle as hard as I could, just willing something to happen.

Suddenly I felt a tug in my gut, and a wave roared in my ears. I couldn't think or see clearly. There was a small rumbling in the ground, and then several nearby sewer caps on the road were launched into the air on a powerful geysers of filthy water. The water was spraying everywhere, drenching everything, flooding shops, and filling outdoor markets. A large spurt of water hit the escaping Satomobile hard, and it flipped over on it's side and was kept moving by the geyser. It got pushed into an unsuspecting shop, and broke the glass display. I heard a lot of crashing, and the car stopped moving. A large dust cloud erupted, and I coughed until it cleared out. As I assessed the threat was eliminated, I finally allowed rational thought to come.

I was shocked. What.... What was that? I looked around at all the destruction and noise. The shops in the area were all trashed and windows broken, shards and merchandise littering the streets. Many Sewer Caps were blasted from their holes, and there was brown murky water flowing back into the sewers or just hanging about in large puddles. The offending Satomobile was crashed on its side in a shop, and the doors were hanging from it's hinges. Everything in sight was dripping wet. Water... Filthy Sewer water, but still water.

A crooked grin was spreading across my face. I was a waterbender! Awesome! I can do stuff!

"Well, that was pretty cool."

I whirled around to face the voice. It seemed that the avatar had regained consciousness, and was now standing up yet heavily leaning on a shop wall. She was trying to appear uninterested, but was failing since she was clutching her side from where the vehicle made contact. I could see strakes of blood trailing on her fingers and staining her clothes. Her dark hair was messy, and her pants were grimy, yet she still ignored it and raised her eyebrows at me. With some effort, she pushed herself from the wall, and walked over to me. She cocked her head and said,

"Well, hello waterbender. What's your name?" I froze for a millisecond, but then covered up my unease with a lopsided grin. I replied,

"Well, hello avatar. What's your name?" She narrowed her bright blue eyes, and crossed her arms. I could tell she was sizing me up, so I tried to look as intimidating as possible.

After a few seconds, she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Well, since you already know I am the avatar, since you apparently spied on me-"

"Hey, I wasn't spying, I had just happened to walk past, and I was observing-"

"Whatever. Anyways," She stepped forward and extended her hand, "I am Korra, the Avatar. And you are?" I was becoming annoyed. Ahh come on! Why did she always have to mention that? I took a deep breath, and tried to make up a name that I liked on the spot. I stammered,