"Laila Kingston, you're coming with us." A man states.

"Like hell I am. I've done nothing wrong lately! That I know of. Wait, did I smash someone else's windows drunk again? I pay off the expenses, I swear." I say quickly. "What's the price?" I ask, pulling out my wallet and pulling out a wad of cash.

"What? No. Wait. You were underage drinking?" someone else asks.

"Uh. No. What are you talking about? What windows? Oh my god. Are you the illuminati?" I ask to confuse them, it working. Someone pushes forward to the edge of the crowd.

"Don't look for me? Really? Do you know how fucking scary it was for me to read that?" he asks. I take a step back.

"Ashton?" I ask quietly.

"THIS IS ASHTON?!" Jen, my roommate, asks, her eyes widened. I glare at her. "But he's so hot!" she hisses at me. "You told me he was hot, but not this hot!" he seethes out. A shocked expression takes over Ashton's face. I roll my eyes.

"I didn't even know he was this hot if it helps, Jen." I say with a laugh, then remember what happens to be going down and look back. "Yeah. Probably. But it looks like you looked anyways." I say. "Why?" I ask, curious.

"What do you mean why?!" he yells. "It's been three years since we have looked each other in the eyes, Laila. The last thing you told me was that you'd be home, but then on that bus you showed me that sign. Why did you go?" he asks. I swallow.

"I snapped." I answer simply.

"Because of your ex? For real? You know, your sisters are actually incredibly guilty." he says.

"No. I ran because it was essential for my self-being. Leave me alone, okay? This is a waste of time. I have a party to get to anyways." I say, walking out quickly into my room. I try shutting the door, but it gets slammed open, and cuffs circle my wrists. I laugh under my breath. "Wow." I state.

I turn to the guy that put the cuffs on me, and gasp.

"Danny! You would rat me out?" I ask, my mouth opening. "I thought we understood each other." I say sadly.

"Yes, in our understanding hate for each other." he mumbles.

"True." I reply, smiling to myself as memories of being tossed into cop car after cop car surfaces my head.

"The faster you're out of my clutches, the better. I'm tired of anonymous calls saying your skinny dipping here, streaking here, walking the streets with your signature bottle of vodka here, smashing someone's window there." he says, dragging on. I roll my eyes.

"Please. I've only smashed five windows." I state. "Okay yeah, I get it." I say truthfully, and fall back onto my bed, falling on my hands painfully, but not making a sound.

"Good for your well-being?" Ashton asks. "Look at yourself." he states, sounding disgusted. I manage to sit up and look him in the eye.

"Your point?" I ask, looking down at my  crop top and ripped black jeans.

"Your a mess." he replies. I gasp.

"Did you find my daughter yet?" Someone's walkie-talky thing speaks up. I flinch in pain. Three years. My sight strays over to the huge pile of sealed letters, along with a lot of people's gaze. I bite my lip.

"Yes and no." Ashton replies, talking through.

"What do you mean, Ash?" he asks, a panicked tone there.

"Is she okay?"

"Oh my god, shes okay, right?"

"This is all our fault." two bubbling voices speak up. I glare at the walkie-talky. Ashton presses down on the speak button.

"Would you let me- hey! Don't get handsy there, mister!" I yell at the cop who pulled me off the bed.

"Laila!" five panicked voiced say.

I make it to where no one can see my hands, and work on getting the cuffs off. "Why do you want me to come home anyways? Not like I was wanted in the first place." I sneer in a low voice at Ashton. Instantly apologies ring out from the walkie-talky. "I don't want to hear it! I want to go to sleep, wake up, go to the honey shop and get my daily honey, go to my tutoring, go to work, then go to party, and pass out in my recent fling's bed." I inform them darkly.

Ha. My life in 42 words.

"I've made a life for myself here. Leave it at that."

"No. You're coming home." Ashton says before putting the talky away and pulling me out.

"Uh what about my belongings? My bike, my clothes, my shoes, my money stash, my bed?"I question.

"Don't worry about it. Now come on. Your coming home."

-------------------

XoXo

-Elisia