Chapter 12: Falling: In a Different Way

Chapter 12: 

~Sadie’s P.O.V.~

Once Sadie woke me up, I glanced at the clock to remember that it was only about a quarter-after eight. I was fully awake with a fresh mind now, so I decided to study for History and then watch some Netflix. I pulled out my history notebook and laid on my belly to get comfortable. This is hopeless, I thought. I can’t study. Right then I remembered that Niall had cheated on me. Cheated. Like why would you even consider cheating on someone. Ugh. Even his name disgusts me. I am so glad Carlie told me. I decided to give him a short text to tell him about my feelings.

“Hey, thanks for all you did for me. I loved you and I got this in return? I’s over..”

I decided to wait for a little bit to see if he would get it right away, but I whipped out the remote and started up my PlayStation 4 for Netflix. I already have seen most of the movies on here, so I decided to watch some more Pretty Little Liars. Spencer last was searching for Toby and supposedly found him lying dead in the woods. Ezra had began to be a substitute teacher again at Rosewood High and more people are figuring out about him and Aria (Sorry if you don’t watch PLL). Soon came a short ring from my phone and I knew it was from him.

I loved you, but I guess you don’t love me in return anymore. You are such a childish person.”

What nerve. I loved him.

"Excuse me?" I replied.  "At least I don't cheat on people"  I hope that'll shut him up enought to realize what he had done. I pushed play on Netflix to finish watching the last episode of season 3. Soon, another ding came from my phone. "Ugh! Are you kidding me.." I trailed as I picked up my phone. 

"Too bad people can't realize their mistakes instead of blaming it on others. I knew the whole relationship, if that's even what you call it, was a joke. It was just too good."

"Niall, you hurt me." I replied, feeling very upset. I pushed send and laid back on the bed. I looked up and glanced at the clock. Ten-thirty, it read. I decided to get into my pajamas and go back to sleep. I needeed a clear mind for the morning. As I entered the bathroom and locked the door, I heard a buzz, apparently coming from my phone on my bed. I sighed and went back out to my bed. I picked up my phone and slid the slider to unlock it. The message read:

"What did I ever do to you? I treated you like a princess, but now you hurt me more than anything else that has every happened. Even the accident with my sister.. but I guess it's over now. Goodbye Sadie. I love you."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Niall." I whispered. I walked back to the bathroom and changed my clothes, while waiting to hear from Carlie. She left to go meet her boyfriend while I was watching Netflix. I wonder what time she'll be home. I was actually not very tired, so I went to my closet to find something. As I grabbed it, I filled a bottle full of ice and water, pulled my hair into a ponytail and changed my clothes. I ran out the door and locked it, before sprinting to the campus gym. Once I reached the gym, the lights had to be turned on. I placed my bag by the door and ran to the dark side of the gym to flick the switch. Once the lights came on, I grabbed my bag and went to sit on a bleacher. This gym is so big, I thought. Enough to fit thousands of people.. I tore off my hoodie and sweats to reveal a cutoff and some shorts. I put on some basketball socks and my shoes. 

It’s been awhile since I’ve been in this gym, so I took a deep breath, stood up and walked over to the ball rack. I grabbed the newest ball, went up to the basket to shoot some jumpers and bunny shots, before shooting some free throws and nailing each one. I did some more form shooting before stepping around for some 10 footers around the perimeter. Next I went up for some threes. I made the first two before getting to the middle of the key and air balling. I shot a few more times before finally making it and advancing to the next spot. Once I finished the threes, I grabbed my water bottle for a little sip before working on some ball handling.