Sangheili

The Sangheili are a saurian species of fierce, proud, strong, and intelligent warriors native to the world of Sanghelios.  They have four manible-like lips and two hearts making them naturally physically fit. The Sangheili were one of the founding races of the Covenant and formed the back bone of its military for almost its entire existence.  
The Sangheili are divided into various nation states on their homeworld of Sanghelios these states war with eachother frequently producing a culture based on honor and merit.  The nation states were ruled by leaders known as Kaidon elected by a council of elders.  It was custom for those who disapproved of the Kaidon to attempt to assassinate the Kaidon.  If they failed the punishment was often harsh with death being frequent. 
The Sangheili revered the Forerunners as gods and the objects they had left behind.  They found themselves at odds with San 'Shyuum leading to a war.  The San 'Shyuum were weaker had access to a Forerunner Keyship with which they fought the Sangheili to a bloody stand still.  They formed the Covenant to search together for the mysteries of the Forerunners an arangement that worked well though the Sangheili would develop a rivalry with the Jiralhanae.
When the Human-Covenant war began the Sangheili expected an easy victory.  Human ships and weapons were inferior to their mighty battleships and plasma weapons, they were also physically weaker than the Sangheili.  They burned many human worlds to ash with limited loses in space.
However the humans dragged the war out for twenty seven bloody years, fighting the Covenant for every world relentlessly.  The humans creativity and determination won them several critical victories and slowly the respect of many Sangheili.  Many began to wonder why the San 'Shyuum had not offered the humans membership in the Covenant.
Then the Halo event occured and the Covenant was shaken to its core.  The reputation of the Sangheili was called into question an a divide began to grow between the Sangheili and the San 'Shyuum.  The Jiralhanae were quickly moved in to fill out the Sangheili's role in the Covenant leading eventually to the Great Schism as the Sangheili broke away from the Covenant.
The Sangheili joined forces with Humanity to defeat the Covenant but found themselves embroiled in a conflict with themselves.  They had relied upon the Covenant for so long their own abilities to do basic tasks such as farming or ship matinence had fallen by the wayside.  Civil war erupted that nearly doomed the Sangheili.
The Sangheili however would recover from the war. This is jack here logoff have a good night