/3\

Meanwhile, back in the room where Drayce and Travis were, soft sobs began to seep through the door. Drayce clenched his teeth tightly as his legs burned with a fiery pain. Travis rested against the wall, ignoring Drayce's pain.

Drayce quickly came to the point where he couldn't take it anymore, "Please...go get the woman." He practically begged to Travis.

Travis nodded once with a sigh and left the room to get Scarlett. Guessing she was in her quarters, he headed there first.

He knocked loudly on the door and an exasperated voice came from inside. "What?" Scarlett asked as she opened the door, annoyance clearly showing in her voice.

"The prisoner wanted me to get you. I think he might talk." Travis explained.

"Fine..." Scarlett grumbled and walked to the place where Drayce was being held, Travis coming behind her.

Stopping at the door, Scarlett turned to face Travis, "Come in a few seconds after me quietly." She ordered.

Travis nodded and Scarlett opened the door and walked in, going over to Drayce, "What is it?" She asked kindly.

"Please...help me." He begged.

"How?" Scarlett asked, looking concerned for Drayce.

"Help me g-get out of here..."

"Hold on until tonight." Scarlett said and stood up to leave. What she failed to mention was that the antidote could still be administered to relieve the pain.

Once outside the room, Scarlett contacted Clev and told him that the attempted escape would be that night.

~~~*~~~

It was dark, when most people would be sleeping, but Scarlett stood awake and leaning against a wall. Deeming the time was right, she checked to make sure her emergency pistol and dagger were in place and headed out the door.

"Clev?" Scarlett asked through the walkie-talkie.

After a moment, he answered, "What is it?" Clev's voice only breaking up slightly through the used radio.

"It's time. I'm headed for the holding cell right now. Are your men in position?" Scarlett asked.

"Yes. Awaiting the signal." He answered gruffly.

"Make sure to have the guards act surprised. As if they weren't waiting for him."

"Yep. I know."

Scarlett nodded, even though Clev couldn't see her, and turned the walkie-talkie off. Walking quietly to the holding cell, she opened the door stealthily and crept in. Travis was leaning against a wall, as usual, wide awake. Scarlett walked over to him, and whispered in his ear, "Pretend you are sleeping. Don't leave until we come back in, with Drayce as a prisoner."

Travis nodded and closed his eyes. Scarlett crept over to Drayce and lightly tapped him on the shoulder to wake him.

He stirred and warily glanced over at her. When he realized who it was, his eyes filled with hope.

"I have the keys." She whispered, "The guard is sleeping, so try to be quiet." As quietly as she could, Scarlett inserted the keys in Drayce's chains. The chains opened with a clink, and suddenly, Scarlett had a flash of doubt. What exactly were Drayce's powers? What could he do with them? For the first time, Scarlett worried that the plan would not go well.

Drayce collapsed on the floor with a quiet groan. With great effort, he stood up and limped towards the door. Scarlett followed quietly after him.

The door closed behind them with a quiet click. "This way." Scarlett pointed down a dark hallway.

They slowly walked along the halls, the prospect of escape pushing Drayce to keep going even though his legs burned more painfully than ever.

After many twists and turns through the dark corridors, they finally came to another solid door. Drayce didn't hesitate to pull open the door and walk out, barely thinking clearly.

Scarlett walked faster to catch up with Drayce and pointed down the hallway, "At the end of this hallway there is an emergency exit." Scarlett whispered. Drayce nodded once, and kept walking.

At the end of the hall, Scarlett stopped and turned to Drayce, "This is the last door between you and freedom." She smiled at him.

Drayce took a moment to catch his breath before moving on. Then, he pulled open the heavy door and slipped out, Scarlett right behind him.

They walked out into the dark courtyard, quickly moving along. About half way to freedom, a guard spotted them and cried out in alarm. After a moments delay, a dozen or more guards burst out and charged towards them. Drayce turned back to face them, alarm written on his face. They had been so close! He started running again, but didn't get far as his legs tripped him up and sent him sprawling to the ground, face first.

Scarlett looked wild and alarmed, but inwardly she smirked. The plan was going well.

Clev appeared from between the guards and stood there stone faced, waiting for the guards to grab Drayce. The guards stampeded forward and seized him by the arms, dragging him upright and restraining him. Two of the guards went over to Scarlett and restrained her as well.

When they got a little to rough, Scarlett quietly snarled at them and hissed, "Gentler, you idiot!" Obediently, they loosened their hold on her.

Clev stepped closer to Drayce and punched him in the face, "Now that wasn't very smart, was it?"

Drayce narrowed his eyes and before anyone could react, he used his power.

Wrenching his arms unexpectedly from the guards' arms, he sent Clev flying backwards with a gust of air from his hands.

Instantly, he fell to his knees, staring at his hands in awe. Scarlett gaped, and just narrowly escaped screaming for them to restrain him.

The guards, after a stunned second or two, tried to restrain Drayce. This time more guards helped to try restrain him. He didn't fight it, but went limp in their strong grips, still in a daze from what had just happened.

Another man helped Clev stand up and he limped over to Drayce, a murderous look on his face. He nodded to a guard, not daring to get closer himself. 

The guard warily stepped forward and punched Drayce in the jaw. Quickly, he retreated away from him.

Clev snorted. Scarlett slightly motioned for him to come over. He sighed and walked over.

"It may take awhile for me to get answers from him. So just don't get impatient." She told him, "And tell the guards that if they hurt me in any way while I'm 'captured', they will be sorry." She said in a lowered tone, "Or," she added, "you don't have to." She grinned slightly, "and then I can deal with them later."

Clev nodded and turned back to the guards, "Put them in the more secure room. I'll be down there in a minute." With that, he limped away.

The guards hurried to obey and roughly shoved Scarlett and Drayce towards the compound. Whenever someone was a little too rough on Scarlett, she would turn for a second and study the guard's face, saying in a low tone, "You'll regret that."

A/N

Wow...poor Drayce! How more can he take??? This is getting cray cray. Seriously.

Ithildae and Evara