Chapter 7

This dosent look good at all. I looked around the hallway but did not see a sign of anyone. Damon stepped torwards me and i stepped back a little. He came closer and i stepped back again till i entered the restroom. He looked at his watch and said "you have 60 seconds to tell me about that prick".

  I realized he was talking about george "he's just a new student and i we attended economics together" i pleaded with my eyes.

     He raised his eyebrows signalling for me to continue "i don't know anything about him believe me damon"

          "you met him in class and now you're holding his jacket? don't mess with me Monroe" how the hell did he know my surname?

    "i- i offered to show him around, thats it"

           "you offered to show him around? who gave you the right to have friends? you think you can control your life? Well sorry to say but that right disappeared 24hrs ago Monroe"

     He stepped closer and i stepped back hitting a wall." Let me make myself clear, every single thing you do has to be with my permission and approval, you don't own your life anymore and so help me you disobey me Monroe"

      "please, why are you doing this? i didn't do anything wrong" except break your stupid bracelet. I wanted to say the last part but i don't want to get into much trouble so i kept quiet.

    He ignored me and turned around to leave so i sighed a little thinking it was over but guess what? i hear the lockz of the restroom click and just like that, i was locked inside. I banged on the door and shouted for help thinking some one will hear me but no avail. I searched my pocket for my phone but i remembered i left it in damon's house.

     I shouted till my voice gave up and i broke down into a crying mess. What does that bracelet means to him? Why is it so important he torture me for breaking it? I cried on the bathroom floor till i fell asleep not even knowing what the time is.

************

   I woke up with a serious headache shooting through me. I blinked my eyes everally to adjust to the lights. I realizd i was still in the restroom. My stomache growed loudly because of hunger, how come nobody came to the restroom?

            I stood up and held the wall for support. I walked to door and banged again but it opened. He must have unlocked it when i was asleep. I blankly thought. I walked down the hallway and everywhere was quiet meaning everyone has gone home already. The time on the wall clock told me i've been in the restroom for three good hours. My stomache growled again and i realized i needed something to eat. I exited the school building and walked to the orphanage.

      When i reached there, the orphanage was queit as usual so i made my way to my little cubicle in the store. After changing my clothes, i went to the kitchen to look for something to eat and i saw joanna sitting there.

   "hyy joanna" i greeted politely. She turned around and removed her glasses.

  "Heyy kahlan, i was worried about you. Why didin't you come home last night?"

              I searched my head for a good lie but couldn't find any. "i got lost on my way back from the party so i slept in a friends house" i never was a good liar so i hoped she belived me.

                  "That friend of yours a guy?" she said and raised her eyebrow.

                          "What? no its not a guy" i lied again.

             "come on kahlan, you don't have to lie to me, you're wearing his clothes when you came in"

        I looked down and blushed because i did not realize she saw me when i came in.