Chapter 9

Sorry, this is so late! I've been stressed with school and I had a lot of block, but now I'm back! School is ending, so I have nothing to worry about. Soon to be a freshman! ^u^ Anyway, enjoy the chapter, darlings!

(Audrey's P.o.V)

    I've been under this bed for 2 hours and I'm starting to get really hungry. My stomach growls, begging me to give it something. I sigh, shifting in the small space. Maybe I can go out. . . If I just sneak into the kitchen, grab some crackers and come back; I'll probably be fine.
    I army crawl out from under the bed, standing up and slowly walking towards the door. I turn the knob, and I slowly open the door, it making a soft squeak. There's a space big enough I can slide through, so I do and creep down the hallway. I peek around the corner, looking into the living room, seeing only Tim and Sam watching television. I look into the kitchen, seeing no one, so I quickly tiptoe in and I open the fridge.

  "wђāţ āŗę yoų doįŋg oųţ ђęŗę?" An unfamiliar voice asks behind me. I stay still, knowing it's the man I'm supposed to be hiding from. Glitch. What do I do, I ask myself. I close the fridge door and I turn around to face him.
    His hair is black with blue and red... Streaks? He wears all black. His eyes look like static... It is static. Around him is an aura of red and blue, like his hair and some bits of him keep glitching in and out of his body.
    "wāŋŋā ђāvę şomę ƒųŋ, lįţţlę gįŗl?" He chuckles, his voice also... Glitching like a lagging computer and his movements are so sudden and I didn't even see him move his arm to grab my shoulder.

-----------------

    "Come on, Audrey, it's just a little sip." Chelsea coaxed, waving the beer bottle in front of my face. I had been invited to a party one of the popular girls was having. My parents thought it would be a good idea so I could be social and make some friends. They were absolutely wrong.
    "No, I don't wanna drink," I insisted with a stern voice, but I still sounded scared. I mean, who wouldn't be!? Everyone at a party watching you being forced to drink, and they think it's funny. I wanted to leave. The smell of marijuana was finally kicking in. I stood up from the couch, running outside. I holding my stomach, I ran all the way home, which was 1 1/2 miles away from this party. I needed to leave.

- - - - - -

    "What the hell?" I whisper. I realise I'm on the ground. I sigh, trying to sit out but a blistering headache hits me. My vision goes black and I can't see what's happening. I muffled noises and shouts, but I can't hear or see what happening. I lay back down on the cool surface and my vision fades back in and I can hear the shouts clearly.
    "Timothy! Samwise! You were supposed to watch her! Now, look what happened!" It's Wilford. Tim and Sam repeat, "I'm sorry" 10 times before Wilford finally says, "it's fine. He's gone now." Footsteps get closer to me and he comes into view.
    "Wilford?" My voice is dry and raspy. He kneels down next to me, his arms holding me up and holding me close to his chest. His embrace warms my unusually cold body. He pulls me away from his warmth, looking at me with worry and panic.
    "Hey darling, are you hurt? Do you feel sick," asks Wilford, brushing hair out of my face, "I swear, Glitch is gonna get his ass handed to him." I inhale deeply, but my breath is cut short. What? There's so much pressure on my chest. I can't breathe. I can feel heat return to my body as my eyes water. I pound on Wilford's chest, his voice becoming more muffled, but I know he's yelling for Angel. . . what's happening?

(Wilford's P.o.V)

    "Angel! She's can't breathe!" I shout, as Tim and Sam stand outside the door, afraid and worried. Angel comes running in, staring at Audrey.
    "What happened," he kneels down one the other side of her, "Did Glitch get to her?" I nod, Angels sighs and places his index and middle finger on her forehead. Blue and red specks float out of her mouth, then she takes a deep breath. She coughs and wraps her arms around her stomach. Angel strokes her hair with a small smile. She looks up at him, confused and she sits up, still holding her stomach.

  "What happened?" She asks, her eyes filled with horror. What did Glitch do to her? Angel places his hand on her shoulder, taking a deep breath, searching for a way to explain it.
    "He was searching for ways to scare you. Fears. Insecurities," he pauses, brushing his own hair out of his face, "it seems he's found a few, seeing how many bugs there were in your head." She looks at him with an even more confused look.
    "Bugs?"
    "Yes, bugs. He uses them to get information. He plants them through contact and they go to your memory bank, your brain. The bugs send the information right when they are found."
    Audrey sighs, closing her eyes, leaning against me. She starts to breathing softly. Sleeping, I said to myself, she's sleeping. I chuckle to myself, picking her up and bringing her back to Angel's room. I set her on his bed, pulling a blanket from the end of his bed and pulling it over her. She curls up under the blanket, sleeping peacefully. I smile, bending down and kissing her forehead. I go towards the door, laying my hand on the knob. I turn the knob, looking back at her. She has a small smile on her face, enjoying her dream. I can't help but smile before closing the door. I lean against the closed door, the smile instantly fading away.

Now to find Glitch.

You guys enjoy that?! I loved writing it, especially towards the end! Comment down below what your favourite part was! Also, WOW YOU GO GET HIM WILL! CUT HIM!

Anyway, Vote, Comment and Share with yo friends! Love you guys, see you in the next chapter! Bai!