Chapter Eight: Misery Is Everyone's Best Friend

Start from the beginning

"I'll take care of this," Henry said as he stood up and left the V.I.P lounge, approaching Chelsea. As if on cue, Bridget jumped onto my lap and kissed my face repeatedly.

"I'm so sorry, baby!" She cooed as she slowly begun to rock herself, grinding onto me. "I didn't mean to do everything that I did!"

I pushed her off of me as I got to my feet, glaring down at the one girl who ruined me perfectly. "Get yourself up and save the last portion of your dignity, Bridget."

I walked away, pushing myself through the crowd as I went to the staircase that led outside of the underground club. My fingertips become to get tingly as my heart begun to pound hard against my chest. Quickly, I rushed out into the harsh wind as it blew, slapping me against the face. I shivered as I walked down the street, hating myself for not driving here. Stinging pain begun to sear through my abdomen and my pace quickened.

Not now, I thought to myself. Not now. Not now. Not now.

My pace turned into a jog and I don't remember when I started sprinting down the streets, getting closer to Johnny's house. Crickets sung in the silent night as the wind hardly caressed my face as I took deep breaths, the stinging pain changing into a torment. My legs felt like jell-o but I kept running. If I reached at least the driveway, I would be good. I didn't want to collapse anywhere and have a total stranger pity over me.

I clenched my jaw, I didn't want to see another person having sympathy over me.

I glanced at a familiar two story house and I smiled not until the painful blow came and I collapsed onto the ground. My hearing faded as black spots clouded my vision. Sweat begun to run down my face as the pain swallowed me. But it didn't felt like the other ones before. It was much worse and it lasted longer. I rested my forehead against the ground, feeling the coldness of the cement calming down the rising tempature inside me.

"Rhea!"

I merely glanced up and saw a blurry figure running towards me. I groaned as the cold wind suddenly caressed my cheek, my heart hammering against my chest as I tried to curl into a ball but it was painful. Arms wrapped around my fragile body and lifted me up. My head hung back as I watched the beautiful night sky, my blurry vision slowly darkening. I couldn't feel my body nor could discover who was the one that carried me. Voices begun to enter and leave my mind as hands repeatedly touched my forehead and cheeks.

Was I dying?

Am I afraid to die?

I was placed on something soft and my eyelids became heavy as I glanced at my savior and met those navy blue eyes.

Those eyes...

No one will ever want you not even the Devil himself...

If the Devil doesn't want me nor God Himself, who would?

That question flowed in my mind as darkness consumed me...

<>*<>*<>*<>

              Voices were arguing around me as I slowly slipped out of my dream state and into reality. The voices became louder and they weren't muffled anymore as I felt fingers running through my hair. It sent tingles through my body as I laid perfectly still, not daring to open my eyes as I relaxed under the person's touch.

"...it wasn't her fault. She must have a reason to keep this from us, Dad." Blade. That was Blade, I could recognize his deep voice, the hidden anger in his tone.

Someone laughed rudely, "What reason, Blade? Keeping it for four years isn't a very good reason!"

"Miranda!" A familiar melodic voice rose and I noticed it as my mother. I could hear the hurt and concern in her tone and it sounded awfully close. Was she the one running her fingers through my hair? Was I this close to the woman who stood by my father's side every time I wanted her to protect me? "Accept your sister's choices!"

"I accepted that she was gay, Mom!" Miranda snapped. "But her hiding something this serious is unacceptable! If she wants to die then let her die! It's a stupid choice she's making but I don't care. I really don't."

I sat up immediately and hardly gaze at the people in the room as I left the living room and headed to the backyard where I fell on my knees and what I did next amazed me.

I tried to cry.

To release everything that I held inside me but the sad part, I couldn't. I couldn't let a tear escape freely. It's fucked up knowing that I was that heartless to not cry when I wanted to.

I was a heartless bitch.

Heartless and broken...

_________________________

I know it's short but I'll make the next chapter longer. It's two in the morning and I'm a little drained so yee.

You're all beautiful and continue being true to yourself <3

-Jess(: