chapter seventeen

*RIHAN'S POV

"I got her pregnant." McGuire says as he look at me coldly.

I think my chest got literally tightened. I'm dumbfounded when he started to walk away. I grip his shoulder as i stare at him blankly. He shove my hand off from him.

"Why are you fucking telling me these?"

"Because i want you out of her life."

"She doesn't love you, bastard." I said through gritted teeth.

"She will. Soon."

"Fuck you!"

I punch him hard. But he just stared at me. It was too late when he punch me back. It felt like my knees are trembling.

I decided to go to Erin's house. Kei told me that she was there. Gusto ko sya sapakin ng malaman ko na pinuntahan nya ang asawa. The reason? I hate it when they tried to get near on her. That personal space of her is mine alone.

*ERIN'S POV

Wifey

It was his endearment to me. Nung mga panahon na maayos kami.

"Wifey, why do you have to bear someone else's child? It should be only mine.. W-why?" He cries.

My eyes started to heat up. Naguguluhan ako sa reaksyon nya. He's never been this desperate to ask me these kind of questions. He will never.

"Y-you hate me.. That much, do you?" I said bitterly.

He did not even ask my confirmation about that pregnancy. Hindi ba sya nag dalawang isip sa bagay na iyon? He really thinks I'm that kind of woman.

"Pwede ba, Erin wag na natin pahabain ito. B-buntis ka na." Parang nakakadiring salita ang sinabi nya. Ramdam ko ang pait doon. "Sigurado ako, gusto mo na makipag hiwalay."

"You'll let me go if I ask an annulment, do you?"

"Hell no! Ngayon na alam ko na akin ang kambal? You th-"

"Then what would you do to the child if ever?" I ask.

My heart is pounding. It feels like he love me. Masama na ako pero sa reaksyon nya, hindi naman masama ang umasa hindi ba? Kahit na may kinakasama na syang iba. Kahit na.. Kahit na maging pangalawa ako.

Pero sino ang lolokohin ko? He would never do that. Kahit magaspang ang ugali ng babaeng iyon, minahal sya ng asawa ko. Nagustuhan sya ng mga anak ko. Ano naman ang laban ko, nasa kanya na ang lahat na akin dapat?

I should know when and where to give up.

This fight won't go anywhere, because from the start. I'm already loosing the game. And now. Its game over.

Akala ko malakas na ako. Pero ang totoo, hindi ko parin pala kaya ang mabuhay na wala ang presensya nya. Ngayon ko napag tanto na mahal na mahal ko si Rihan. Na hindi ko kaya na mahiwalay sa kanya.

"I will.. I will accept the kid. Treat him as mine, but please Erin. Leave him."

Nagsimula na mag tuluan ang luha ko. Pinigilan ko ang humikbi. Hindi ba mahal nya na ako? Kaya nya tanggapin ang bata kung buntis nga ako sa ibang lalaki.

I look at his eyes. Nag mumugto na ang mga mata nya.

"I love you, baby. I-i love you very much.." Iyak ko.

"Then.. Then why?" I know what he's saying.

"Whoever the person told you that I'm pregnant, that's not true.. I only let one man to own me.. I never let-"

I closed my eyes as i felt his warm lips against mine. His tight tight embrace around my body and his warmth against my cold skin. His lips move a little and then pull away from me.

He kissed my forehead. Down to my eyes, to the tip of my nose. Then lastly again, to my lips. Its just a light kiss. He rested his forehead to mine. His eyes looking intently at me. I can hear my heart pounding but I'm very much sure that the pounding came to two beats of different hearts. Mine and his.

"I love you.. I love baby.. No matter what happen.. Kung.. Kung masaya ka kasama sya.. Sila.. Mag papaubaya ako.. Kasi mahal kita.. Kahit masakit, kaya ko mag tiis.." I told him.

I touch his shoulders. I smile to him. A force smile.

".. Although I'd rather die than to see you and the twins.. Being happy with other woman." I tell him as i left the room.

--

My hand landed to Gail's cheek. I can feel the stinging pain from the slap i gave. The coldness in his eyes couldn't hide the sadness in it. I know he love me that much that he's willing to break us out. To have his way to me.

He told me everything. i feel sorry for him. He love the wrong person. And it was unfortunately me.

"How could you do that. You're my friend, Gail!" I ask with anger in it.

"I love you." He answer.

"Gail, i only-"

"You only see me as a friend? For fuck's sake, I'm fed up with that reasoning, Erin!" Nagulat ako sa reaksyon nya. Ngayon lang sya nag taas ng boses sa akin.

Natatakot ako.

"G-gail.. I love my husband.. He's.. He's the only one i can love.." Yumuko ako. I feel guilty.

"How about me, Erin. Ni minsan ba, pumasok dyan sa utak mo na gustuhin din ako? I would appreciate if you even tried, but its a fucking no even if i don't ask you! Erin, i love you. I can give you everything that your husband couldn't give to you." he said desperately.

He grab me from both shoulders. Nasa coffee shop kami. At nagkataon na kaming dalawa lang costumer dahil pasara narin ito ng ganitong oras. its near 7pm.

"Gail, bitawan mo ako please." Pilit ko inaalis ang kamay nya sakin. Pero ayaw nya.

"Baby, i can give you time, care, appreciation and love.. I can give you the care that you never experienced from him. I.. I can be the the caring husband who will not hurt you. Baby i may not be him  but i can be the true me to love and adore you.. Baby please give me a chance to prove myself. I love you so much." He said in his begging tone.

Nawala na ako sa pag mamatigas ko ng lumuhod si Gail sa harapan ko at niyakap ang bewang ko. He buried his face in my stomach as he tries to hide his sobs. His eyes are starting to get teary. Iniiwas ko ang tingin. Nasasaktan ako para sa kanya. Alam ko ang pakiramdam na nang lilimos ng pag mamahal sa taong mahal mo. Ayoko na may makaranas non, pero ngayon, ako naman ang gumagawa ng bagay na naranasan ko sa taong nag mamahal sa akin ngayon..

If only i could tell my heart to love Gail, baka hindi na kami nahihirapan ngayon. Baka nga wala na ang sakit sa dibdib ko. Ang luha sa mga mata nya. Ang pagka balisa nya ngayon na pinipilit ko lumayo sa kanya.

"G-gail please stop this." Naluluha na ako.

"N-no. Ano ba ang gusto mo gawin ko? Say sorry for lying to your husband? Baby, I'm sorry. I thought that if i tell him i got you pregnant, he will set you free.. Baby please.."

"You're making it worse, Gail. How could you do this to me?" I said in a whisper.

Masakit para sa akin ang nangyayari ngayon. He's a friend of mine. And it pains me knowing that I'm the reason why he's in this mess.

"Erin. Listen to me. I love-"

"Gail, please.. Let go of me."

Dahan-dahan sya tumango. Hindi ko magawa ang tignan sya.