The next morning

Jace was really worried when he found out that Alec left. He thought that he just needed some space, or he's with Lydia.

He never thought that this marriage is a good idea but Alec looked so confident in his decision and it convinced Jace.

But the next morning Alec wasn't in the institute either so he decided to look for him because it's not what Alec always does.

After asking Izzy who didn't even know that Aleс left last night he wanted to go to Clary but figured it's not really a good phase in their relationship.

The only person that could help him without making a fuss was Magnus Bane. Jace left the Institute and went to Magnus's loft.

He rang the doorbell for 10 times at least before warlock bothered to open the door.

Magnus Bane who has always looked like he came from some magazine cover was now sleepy and shabby.

- Shadowhunter! What brought you here so early? - the warlock said. He was in no hurry to open the door.

- Hey, Magnus. It's 11;20 in the morning already, - he literally flown into the loft,
- I need to find Alec. I figured you're the one who'd help me.

Magnus looked shook. It was the first time Jace saw him like that.

- Why would I? - he returned to his normal state of indifference.

- Because we're old friends, aren't we? - Jace went into the living room.

- No, we're not, - Magnus tried to stop Jace but young shadowhunter didn't even notice it.

"Magnus, I want coffee!" - could be heard from somewhere.
Jace didn't notice at first but then he realized..
- Is that.. ? - he wanted to go check who's sleepy voice was that.

- It's my.. friend.. you know, - Magnus stopped Jace from getting up.
Then voice could be heard again but louder.

"Magnus where did you go? Are you talking to someone?" - the voice was becoming louder until someone came into the living room.
He had a black blanket all over him and wild dark hair.

Jace looked closer and..
- Alec? - Jace was a bit shocked.
Alec rubbed his sleepy eyes and stood frozen. This is not how imagined his morning.