2; Catching The Bad Boy

Start from the beginning

"Hunter didn't come?" I ask.

"Of course he didn't. Hunter never comes anywhere with us."

I give Emily a sad smile when she looks down at her hands, lost in her thoughts. Kaylin wraps her left arm around Emily's shoulders. It's awkward again.

"Do you guys want ice cream? I would die for some vanilla right now?" Kaylin spoke, cutting the awkward tension.

"Vanilla sucks." Emily stands, smiling again this time.

I only tell them I'll be down in the kitchen in a minute when they glance at me questioningly. I look back at Hunter's desk as soon as they step out. Wrapping my fingers against the drawer, I pull it to see the content inside. A navy book sits in the drawer. The tips of my fingers trace the rough canvas cover of the book before I pick it up to get a closer look. I don't open it, though. I don't know if I can. I turn to look at the door, feeling as though someone's watching me do a crime.

"Leah!" Emily's voice from downstairs causes me to jump. The book tumbles out of my hand and onto the carpeted floor, creating a loud thud. I cuss under my breath.

"Leah, please come get your ice cream now." I hear Kaylin shout urgently. My eyes widen when I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. My body freezes for quite a few seconds. The footsteps are now right outside. I grab the book from the floor, quickly putting it back into the drawer and closing it shut, not even bothered to see what is written in the book. I turn, just about to go downstairs when I collide with the wall. I press my lips together tightly, rubbing my chest with my palm.

"What the hell are you doing inside my room?"

I only watch him with wide eyes, too stunned to say anything. There is nothing I can say to make him less irritated. His face is calm, no trace of anger on them but his eyes burn with hot flames. He's just too beautiful to be true. Sunset streams through the window blind and fills the whole room with soft orange rays. His long dark eyelashes look majestic in the sun. They brush against his cheekbones every time he blinks. I have no idea what to say. I can only admire him.

I watch his lips when he speaks, almost missing what he says because I am too busy marvelling at his flawless face. "I asked you a question." His voice is thick and gritty, but it makes my insides churn. Not in a painful way, though. It's a pleasant churn. His voice is velvety and silky. I can listen to it all day if he lets me.

"I just... I was passing by, but I thought I saw something by the bin." My voice is too quiet, but he hears me anyway and looks past me to see the object beside the bin. He raises his eyebrows questioningly, still looking into my eyes.

"My door was closed when I left. I also saw you going through my drawer."

"Okay, I am sorry."

"You're not forgiven." He steps aside, throwing his jacket onto the bed and taking his shoes off before flopping on the bed with his arms behind his head. He looks at me again. "You have to beg for my forgiveness."

"What? No."

"Then I'll tell the whole school you slept with me."

"I would never sleep with you." I scrunch my nose, hoping he doesn't see through my lies.

"Then start begging." There's no humour in his tone or his expression. I can hear Emily and Kaylin snickering just outside. I look toward the doorway, but Hunter clicks on his tongue impatiently. "You're not begging the door, you're begging me." There's a smug smile on his face, but he continues to watch me with those sinful green eyes.

"Okay, fine." I sigh. "Hunter, please please—"

"Not like that. On your knees." He tilts his head toward the floor.