The Summit of Truth

Start from the beginning

"Sin." I asked smiling but clearly pissed.

"What is it?" Sin replied normally.

"Is this not a diplomatic meeting?"

"Yes, of course. All weapons and metal vessels are to be left outside of the meeting area." He explained.

"Well then, why are the Yambala gladiators here?" I inquired.

"Ugh, forgive my rudeness. I am Shambal Ramal, I currently lead this band of misfits." An old muscular man said as he took my hand and shook it briskly I thought my arm would fall off.

"Pleasure to meet you but are you also participating in the meeting?" I asked.

"Well, you could say that. But we'll only participate if someone instigates violence." The old man said as his eyes narrowed in towards a group of people entering the cave.

It was Kouen-nii and Koumei-nii, as well as their retainers but a couple of steps behind them were foreign forces. Muu Alexius and his Fanalis Corps.

I suddenly grabbed Sin's arm. "This is a diplomatic meeting, right? Both of you are not gonna start killing each other, right? What's with all this people?" I frantically asked Sin.

"So you did marry the King of Sindria, Koutsuki." Such a familiar baritone voice. Something I had only been hearing in my dreams for the past months. Kouen-nii-sama.

"Oh, if it isn't Muu Alexius. I wouldn't have guessed you'd accompany Kou to this meeting because Reim entered a confederation with the Seven Seas Alliance." Sin said.

"Well, let's just say I owe someone from Kou and accompanying Kouen, who is a personal friend of mine, is the payment." Muu Alexius gave me a wink. I immediately looked down so no one would see a link.

"So this was your plan. I let my guard down. Expect it to not happen again." Ja'far whispered to me. I could feel his murderous intent from behind me.

"Sinbad, I hope you did not think that by bringing Koutsuki to this meeting it will give you a leverage." Kouen-nii confronted Sin.

"Brother, please allow me to speak in defense of King Sinbad." I pleaded as I felt all eyes looking at me.

"If your marriage with the King of Sindria was true then you need not ask for permission as you have established a position of your own. Personal matters are not what we have gathered to discuss. If you have anything to say to me call me out as the Queen of Sindria." Kouen-nii said coldly.

For the next moments I kept my mouth shut and kept silent in a corner as they discussed matters regarding the brewing war.

How could my brother be so cold to me. Did my marriage with Sin anger him? But wasn't he the one who said Sin would be good for Kou. Geez, I don't even know what to think anymore.

"Cheer up, my queen!" Sharrkan said as he slapped my back.

"So you were scolded by your big brother in a room full of people, big deal. Sure it was embarassing and worth crying over for but-"

"Are you trying to comfort me or further humiliate me?" I asked the general.

"Hahaha, sorry I'm not really good at this kind of stuff. But you see, your brother is right. You need to stop clinging to your brothers. You're no longer Kou's princess you're that man's wife." Sharrkan pointed at Sin.