Chapter 1: Getting Ready. Pt 1

"Hey, gramps?" You sat across from your foster dad, Isamu Hayakawa, head priest of this shrine you and a few people lived in.

"Hmm?" He said, reading some newspaper and drinking coffee.

"I've got some good news."

"Oh really?" He didn't seem too interested.

"I enrolled in True Cross Academy." As soon as I said that, he immediately spat out coffee everywhere on the newspaper.

"YOU WHAT?!!"

"Why not?" I scratched the back on my head, avoiding eye contact.

"You gotta be careful when you enter that academy."

"I know."

"At least you're not wasting the remaining time of your life playing video games and reading manga."

"Well, I already maxed out my character's levels and the other 5 side characters as well as my custom characters." You said, "And finished all the manga I've got."

"No idea what you're babbling about." Isamu said, "But what's more important is when you'll be starting."

"I'll be meeting everyone at the train station tomorrow morning."

"What are you doing here then?" He looked at you, "GET PACKING!!"

"I'll do it later.."

--- Meanwhile in True Cross Academy... ---

"Everyone got it?" Shura looked at the five individuals.

"Can you repeat it once more..?" Shiemi asked in a low tone.

"Alright... I am going to say this once more..." She said and looked at everyone, "Tomorrow, we will be meeting with someone in Okinawa. Everyone here will be going to Okinawa."

"Why do we need to meet up with this person in Okinawa?" Shima cocked his head a little to the left.

"We'll be pursuing a few ghouls."

"Not those again..." He sighed.

"Since there's gonna be six of you soon, one team will have three and the other will have two for the time being."

"We gonna go hunting in teams?" Rin asked.

"Shiemi, Ryuji, Konokemaru and Izumo, you're a team." Shura sighed, "Rin and Shima. You guys will be a team of two until we get to Okinawa. Understood?"

"Yeah."

"I-I guess.."

"Whatever.."

"Yes."

--- Back to the countryside of Okinawa, where you live.---

You were sitting on the smooth grass blades, meditating in front of the shrine. As you meditated, the cool breeze flew by, flicking your short black hair. Your foster dad watched you as the plants around you began to slowly wither away, an unknown dark mist began to shape into a pair of wings and two slim horns, slightly curving upwards.

"Try to not kill everything around ya, 'kay?" He called, instantly snapping you back to reality, returning the life to the once dying plants, causing the dark mist to fade away almost instantly.

"Oops..." You turned and felt slightly nervous then watched the priest leave.

Who am I kidding..? I can't do it right... You sighed and picked up a rock nearby and threw it, shooting straight through the tree trunks and other things that were in its path, leaving behind burnt marks.

--- 3:00 A.M. in the morning... ---

You were on your chair, playing an SRPG game on your PC, headphones on and your room, what was once a complete pigsty, is now a neat and organized room. Then two knocks were heard, causing you to put a pause to your game.

"Takeshi?" Hayakawa asked.

"Quit calling me that. It's (Y/n)..." You sighed and rubbed your eyes, "Is something wrong?"

"You better have your things packed." You opened the door wide enough to show your duffle bag on your bed, "You were saying?"

"Come with me." He said.

"Why?"

"So I can bring you to the station early."

"Three in the morning?" You arched an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Yes, really."

"You're crazy, old man." You turned your computer off and got your duffle bag.

After getting your T-shirt and jeans on, you did as he said.

"But first, I need to give you something." He asked as he lit a candle.

"..Okay...?" You were slightly confused, then followed him outside.

The two of you arrived at the oldest shrine on the property, it was sure dusty and slightly creepy.

The priest opened the doors, revealing nothing but dust, dirt, and cobwebs. Then led you to the back door.

"What's this?" You watched him as he took out a large box.

"You will need these when you enter the academy." He opened the box. Two katana, sheathed away and a bit dusty, next to it was a shoulder strap. The handle had a red ribbon tied tightly on its edge while an engraved white and black dragon was spiraling away from each other, touching the handle stretching down to the tip of the sheath. Its collar was circular and designed as the Ying Yang symbol, "These used to belong to me when I was your age." He sighed as he gazed at the blades, "Back in the day, I was known as 'The Blade Dancer'. "

"So how come you're not helping the others?" You looked at him.

"Because I wanted to raise- I mean I wanted to retire."

"Too old?" You scoffed, "About time you started acting your age."

He chuckled, "I know." Then handed the box to you, "I want you to take these."

"Me? Why? These are yours."

"I know, that's why I'm giving them to ya." He held up the two katana, "These blades were handcrafted by me. I spent about a good year or two to make 'em and another several months to perfect it." He then placed it in the should straps, "The blades are practically unbreakable, it's made from orichalcum. But aside from that...."

You looked at him strangely.

"Just take 'em before I change my mind." He grunted. So you took them.

"Okay, now these are mine from now one, you hear?" You said, "You can't taken them back."

"And you better not break 'em!" He huffed, "YOU BETTER TAKE CARE OF MY PRECIOUS!!!"

"But you just said that these were practically unbreakable."

"I did. To normal people, that is."

"Ohh..." Then there was an awkward long silence between the two of you.

"Well, let's get you going." Your old man finally said, "And one more thing: Do NOT draw the blades until it is necessary."

"What's gonna happen?"

"I'll tell you when you get back." Hayakawa said.

Then to lighten up the mood, "C 'mon, you don't wanna be late." He said.

"BUT IT'S THREE IN THE MORNING!!!"

___________________________________________________________

So yeah, I know it's kinda long for a first chapter, but there ya have it.

Hope you enjoyed it.