Chapter 8: Revisiting.

"So... you're telling me that no one has been able to track apple sauce?"

"Correction: Abaddon, not apple sauce. And yeah, pretty much.."

"Why not just let me help you guys? I'm a demon afterall."

"I would but... you have your studies to worry about."

"TO HELL WITH- Actually... I take that back. But still... It's (Y/n) we're talking about.  We can't just let him wait, what if he's being tortured as we speak?"

"Unlikely, that day when we... uh... you know... Abaddon took him, he said that he only came to take back what was his. So either (Y/n) knew him and-"

"No, he couldn't possibly know that dude. It's that Hayakawa priest you guys should interrogate. Clearly, he and asshole knew each other."

"Hayakawa is currently recovering, so we've postponed the interrogation."

"But he's awake, right?"

"Concious if that's what you mean then, yes."

"Where is he? Is he, I dunno, safe?"

"He's at the school's infirmary, so of course he's safe."

"The hell is he doing at school?"

"W-Well... Let's just say that we... umm... encountered a situation with the woman nursing him..."

"Oh...kay.. Whatever, I'm gonna go do some detective work. See ya later."

"W-Wait Rin, you can't do that to an old man."

"Sure I can he's-"

"FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME: I'M NOT OLD!!!!" Hayakawa's plea was heard loud and clear even from the dormitory. I wonder if the whole world heard him...

"See? A tough cracker." He chuckled and left, leaving his younger brother behind.

--- With Abaddon and Kruele ---

"My lord, have you any disturbances lately?"

"Like what sort of disturbances?"

"I've confirmed with the guards about this situation.."

"What situation?"

"It appears that a human male with a strong resemblance to that of... uhh-"

"Well?"

"T-To that of (Y/n), has been seen wandering around the halls and vanishing into thin air."

"Have you had a clear visual of this human or whatever it is?"

"We've never actually seen his face but... what I do know for sure, is that it hums a song of some sort each time it passes (Y/n)'s chamber.."

"And how does this... 'song' sound like?"

"If I remember correctly.. it goes like this..."

Kruele took a deep breath and began humming to what sounded like a lullaby. This lullaby in particular was familiar to Abaddon, shocking him.

"It's still too soon for him.." He mumbled to himself, "Are you sure this is what you heard?"

"Yes. Yes I am sure."

"I see... looks like he does show some potential afterall."

--- With (Y/n) ---

(Y/n)'s POV:

I... What's going on?
Confused and tense, I stared at the woman wearing a white kimono with a cherry blossom design, her hair tied up into a pony tail. She sat on her knees, as her upper body rested upon a low table, around her, hydrangeas. Scissors were scattered and purple pieces of fabric were everywhere. That was when I realized that she was overworking herself.

"Mommy..?" I turned to my left and saw a little boy, rubbing his tired eyes. The woman sat herself up and only gave a warm and welcoming smile.

"Yes sweetie?" She said kindly, "Did you have a bad dream again?" She looked at her young infant son as he nodded.

"I'm scared..." He said as he walked over to his mother.

"What happened in your dream?" She asked as her son sat beside her.

"I saw a boy..."

"You saw a boy?"

"Mhmm... But... he was taller than me and had the same color hair...  his eyes were the same colors as mines and..."

"Did he do something bad?"

"He stood over a lot of people covered in red stuff. Then he looked at me and told me 'Shhhhh.'" The toddler placed his index finger in front of his lips as he said it.

"Don't worry, sweetie, I won't let anyone hurt you."

"Promise?" The boy whispered.

"Promise." She happily said, "Let's go to bed, okay?"

"Okay..." The boy stood up and went to his bed. Shortly after he closed his room door, the woman began humming a familiar tune, or was it... a lullaby?

"Why is it so familiar..?" I questioned myself.

"Because I use to sing it to you whenever you couldn't fall asleep,  sweetie." The woman replied. I froze in place, "Please promise me one thing, (Y/n)..." She sounded worried and sorrowful. I simply looked at her, "Please don't give in to the endless abyss. Your father's intention,  your biological father's intention was to turn you into a weapon of destruction. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you... I'm so sorry..."

Before I could say anything, she disappeared, everything became shrouded in darkness and I wake up back in my room.
"A dream?"

         ********************
Just in case anyone was wondering about the lullaby, this is how it SHOULD sound like. 

Hope you enjoyed it.