Chapter 17 [Part 2] (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"Whoa." I smiled before attempting to grasp the door handle.

"Let me help you to your room at least, the stairs can be tricky when you're a little intoxicated." He smiled knowingly.

We reached the stairs with his arm around my waist and I stifled a laugh at our attempts to place our feet on the right steps without falling to our deaths.

Before I knew it we were in his room and he was placing the covers over my body as we rested in bed.

"Just for tonight." He'd said, and I agreed still in a sleepy and drunken haze as I felt his arm wrap around my waist and pull me into his chest.

"Just for tonight." I echoed.

---

I heard a commotion the next morning coming from outside of the room, but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes in my state of extreme comfort.

Muffled yelling was certain as I sighed, still struggling to fall back into the blissful sleep of the previous night.

Suddenly without warning, the door to the room was flung open and I jumped as did Drew in his sleepy state.

"What the hell?" Alex narrowed his eyes at the both of as I recalled the events of the previous night and soon he was joined by Nile, Jake, and Alpha Jason himself.

"What are you doing in my room? With the exception of Alpha Jason, none of you are permitted up here, in my room no less."

Drew suddenly spoke but his words fell on deaf ears as Alex's eyes were on me.

"Dani, what the hell are you doing up here?" He questioned and Drew looked to me with an expression I could only recognize as pride.

"Alex, not so loud please." I rubbed my temples as I brushed past him and walked down the stairs, feeling his presence hot on my heels.

"Not so loud? That's what you have to say? Not so loud? You were supposed to be at the training grounds today at seven o'clock! There has never been a day since I've met you where you missed a day of training, not one! Today I come back and find the house in disarray, no one knows where you are and everyone is frantically looking for you. Then we find you at eleven o'clock wrapped up in the Alpha's room cozied up!"

I took a couple of aspirin's from the medicine cabinet in my bathroom as he continued to speak from the bedroom.

"And another thing, I thought you and him were finished. So why the fuck am I coming back from my trip only to find you in his arms? You don't smell of him so it's clear he hasn't marked you and you've kept yourself pure but I can't exactly say the same for your dignity."

At this I felt my anger rise within my body, the pounding in my head was now a faint distraction compared to what he'd just said.

"My dignity." I repeated.

I stood from the bedside and turned to face Alex, my eyes locked on his as I spoke.

"Alex, what you and I had was wonderful and our relationship was something I will never forget and I will always respect. When you told me that you'd found your mate I felt saddened by the fact that I would never have the opportunity to apologize for my behavior leading up to the ultimate end to our relationship. I accepted that along with a new mate, came different priorities and I let you have that time with her.

However, that is no excuse for how you have been acting towards me, or rather a lack thereof. We haven't spoken one word to each other in weeks and yet you think it appropriate to barge into my life and lecture me on dignity. I've been at the bottom, Alex and I do not intend to bring myself lower than that. You are right about one thing, I never have missed a day of training but as running commander I believe that it is my business and my choice to take a day off. Those men are well equip to take on rogues, hunters and even my own men, they have their own training routine and tell me did they fall out of that routine today?"

Alex opened his mouth to reply but found that he had nothing to say.

"Did everything fall apart without my presence? Did their performance suddenly falter as a result of my absence? If the answer is anything but no then I suggest you let yourself out of my room and when you yourself have gained an ounce of the respect you once had you may request an audience with me."

He looked taken aback by my words and it didn't come as a surprise as to why. I don't think I'd ever been so formal with him in all the days that I'd known him. Alex always had a way of getting me to be comfortable with him, I never needed to use formalities around him, so when I did it didn't exactly promote positivity.

Without another word, he let himself out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Not long after I seated myself back on the end of the bed, another knock rapped on my door and I groaned before letting a 'come in' escape my mouth.

It was Alpha Jason.

I stood quickly and bowed as he entered the room, closing the door behind him before turning back around and addressing me.

"Danielle."

"Alpha."

"I've heard you've had strong words with my son, Alex." He spoke.

"This is true." I nodded.

"Good, the boy should learn his place before he makes such hypocritical accusations." He smiled a little before seating himself on the chair next to the vanity.

"Before I go downstairs with Nile and Jake I am obligated to ask you a few questions."

I nodded once more, as if to tell him to continue.

"You and the Lican boy spent the night together, as a part of a different pack it is my duty to get your side of the story."

I sighed and took a seat on the edge of the bed, facing Alpha Jason.

"He invited me into his office, we both needed closure from the years I'd spent away from him and I wanted to hear what he had to say. We started drinking to pass the time as we swapped stories and I found myself too inebriated to walk down the stairs so I stayed in his room to be safe. I was unaware of the time when I awoke and I am sorry for that, it will not happen again Alpha-"

He held his hand up and I stopped speaking.

"This closure, do you believe you cleared it up?"

I nodded my head, still unsure of whether or not I was lying.

"Do you still find the urge to want to be with him, or perhaps you find it stronger after the night you spent with him?"

I couldn't answer his question, a part of me wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with Drew all day long and do nothing but feel his body against mine as I gazed at him.

The other part, couldn't let go of the way I was treated all those years ago, although I knew at some point I'd come to terms with that part of my life long ago.

"I find that I am conflicted Alpha, Alpha Lican is my mate however I know the damage he's caused will not be repaired easily."

Alpha Jason furrowed his brow at this and stood.

"So it is repairable? If so, Danielle I would like you to point one of your men to train the Lican men for the remaining weeks that we are to be here. Until you sort out your...relationship with the young Alpha, you will train individually.

If not, end things with him altogether and report for training tomorrow morning. Take the rest of the day for yourself and do whatever it is that you need to do." 

Before I could respond, Alpha Jason had left the room closing the door behind him leaving me to my own devices.

It used to be that I relished in this time alone with my thoughts all to myself, but now I noticed it to be a dangerous thing.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed! xox