The Gift Of Salvation

The characters in this story, aside from Samoset, and Bradford, are purely fictional. Yet the landing of the Mayflower, the poor conditions and numerous deaths were true. And what's more, the gift Emily received was real and is still powerful, even today.

~~

Emily could not earn this precious gift. She could not pay any amount of money or do enough 'good' deeds to obtain it. The same is true for us. Nothing we do on our own can save us.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

~~

So how can you receive it? The price of salvation was paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ when he gave Himself to die on the cross, he took the suffering that we deserve. Yet death is not the end. Jesus rose from the dead three days later and is in Heaven now, alive and well. It is only through His blood that we are saved.

John 3:16-17 KJV
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

~~

We must admit that we have sin in our lives. Everyone sins and that sin leads to death, which is Hell.

Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

~~

Once you believe with all your heart Jesus is the Son of God and died for you, pray and ask for forgiveness of your sins. Accept Him as your Lord and Savior.

Romans 10:9-10 KJV
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Pray from the heart but here is an example to get started:

Dear God,

I know I have sinned and that my sin separates me from you. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive.

God please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Lord and Savior. I will obey you and live for you the rest of my live.

In Jesus' name, amen.

~~

It doesn't matter what you've done in your past. It doesn't matter your color, race, age, gender, or social status.

Romans 10:13 KJV
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

~~

We may never understand why loved ones are taken out of our lives, why illnesses come but don't heal or why we can't keep up with bills. But God has a reason, He is not some bully in the sky causing havoc for fun or for punishment. He has our best interests in mind. He loves you.

Romans 8:28 KJV
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

~~

Please comment or PM me. I will pray with you and for you. Also I'll answer any questions. Please please do not hesitate.