Chapter Seventeen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You will soon." Mom smiled.

I entered the room and was surprised when I saw the people in there. Nandoon sina Audrey, Therese, my grandma, my two granpas, I saw my titas and titos and their family. There were balloons everywhere. Everything was light pink and light blue. 

"Surprise!" Mom said. She told us that we were just going to have dinner out. I was surrounded by people dear to me, all the people close to my heart and who I grew up with. 

"Mom..." I turned to face her and hugged her. I didn't expect her to do this for me. She gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Mommy."

"You're welcome. There's nothing more your Daddy and I want than to see you happy." I could hear the quiver in her voice as she tried to hold her tears in.

"Daddy!" I hugged Daddy after pulling away from Mom. 

"Sinong may birthday?" Bryce innocently asked.

"We're throwing a party for your Ate's baby." Answered Dad.

"Doesn't the baby need to get out of there so the baby can enjoy the party too?" She poked my belly.

"We'll throw a new party for the baby once it's out." Mom answered.

"Hi, Bryce!" Monique, aunt Andi and aunt Tristan's daughter, came skipping towards my little sister. "Do you want to play with us? Sam, Mimi, and I are playing tag."

"Okay!" She said and then turned her head to our parents. "Mommy, Daddy, I'm going to go play with them."

"Just be careful, okay?" Dad ruffled her hair affectionately. Tumakbo si Bryce kasama si Monique at nakipaglaro sa ibang mga bata.

"Why are they here, Val?" Nahagilap ng mga mata niya si Tito Phoenix. His expression shifted into something else. 

"This was Cassie and I's idea. And they are your grandchild's grandparents too." She softly said. "Please, don't make a scene, Axel. Don't ruin this night."

He huffed an annoyed breath before shaking his head in contempt.

My eyes quickly found Coco, our gaze met and he smiled. I wanted to go up to him but I knew Dad wouldn't like it. 

"Hey, sweetpea." Lolo Jaime hugged me. "How's my little girl?"

"I'm glad you're here, Lolo." I hugged him back. 

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." He pulled away and fondly touched my cheek. 

"Oh darling." Grandma came up to me and kissed me on the forehead. "How's your pregnancy? Nahihirapan ka ba?"

"Not so much." I answered.

"Oh come here! Give grandma a hug!" She pulled me to her and hugged me. Then she turned her head to Lolo Jaime. "Can you believe this? We're going to have a great-grandchild. I can't wait to find out the baby's gender."

"I feel the same, amiga." Lolo Jaime chuckled.

"Our little princess is going to have a prince or a princess of her own." Said Granpa Auggie. 

The adults began to mingle. Mom went to the wives' corner with Aunt Andi, Tita Cassie, Tita Tanya, and Tita Marian. Dad and Tito Phoenix formed two different groups. They sat on two different tables as they couldn't stand each other's presence. Dad was with Uncle Tristan and Tito Seth with Tate and Pio while Tito Phoenix was sitting on one table with Tito Wayne, Coco, Tate. Sinubukan naman ng friends nila na pagbatiin sila, they were just too stubborn. My Titos just kind of gave up on them.