13-It's what's important

Începe de la început

"I'm fine, just go." Brooks knew lying wasn't right, but he refused to act like a baby. He wanted to do great things!

"Fine, if you need anything give me a ring." Then Dylan left shutting the door behind him.

Brooks looked back down at his book, so many things were happening in this story, these boys were actually living the adventure! Flying Cyrus and the boys were on a ship in the seas, they were nearly at their destination, it was called Safe Place. That is where Flying Cyrus was sure his essence was. Brooks loved this story, but he felt a bit of guilt rise in his heart, he shouldn't have this book yet he couldn't quit reading it.

***

Aman was thoroughly enjoying Brighton's company when he remembered Valeria. He didn't want her to find out he had a child, not that he was ashamed of her, he just wasn't sure how Brighton would feel about it. She might not like the fact that he has a child, it could change things between them, that is if there is anything even there. He liked to think so he just wasn't sure if she did.

"Brighton, I'll be back, will you excuse me?"

"Sure." She smiled.

Aman made his way up the steps and into his bedroom. There lay Valeria, she was looking around the room with her big brown eyes. She was such a calm child, Aman didn't know what he's done to deserve this because everything else in his life seemed to go completely opposite. He has forgotten about Orson because of Brighton, that was something that usually happened to him. New things would come his way and he would forget about the old, becoming completely careless of the former problem. It was like he always lived on a high.

"There's my Princess, you being papa's angel?" He took her up from the little bed he created with blankets. He put her on his pillow, situating it near the wall side of his bed so she wouldn't roll off. Then he tucked blankets around her so she would feel tight and secure. "You're being such a good girl, papa missed you." He gave her forehead a kiss and she cooed. "You're not wet, you don't seem to be hungry. Think you might go back to sleep for papa?" She just continued to stare at him with a happy expression. "Bebe, I want to make you a good life, maybe I'll even get married and you can have a mama, a mama that cares. Because your papa cares very much, he would die for you." He kissed her again when he heard the door opening.

"Wheres Brighton?"

He turned around to face Dylan.

"Waiting for me." Said Aman.

"This whole thing is unfair, you like sharing your dates?" Asked Dylan.

"No, because I know she'll fall for me. Isn't that right Princess?"

***

Dylan felt sorry for himself, to tell the truth, but somehow he didn't mind seeing Aman with Brighton. He felt like he needed a sweet girl like Brighton to possibly get him back on his feet. He always had a hard life and Dylan felt sorry for that.

"I'll watch Valeria, you go back downstairs."

Aman looked surprised. "You mean that?" He asked.

"Yeah, like Agustin says, babies are good therapy." Dylan took the child from Aman who seemed floored yet eager to accept the offer.

"You're truly the best man, thanks." Then he leaned in to give Valeria a peck on the lips. "Be good for Dylan angel."

***

During all of that Agustin and Isla were in the kitchen alone.

"Isla, I forgot I invited you." Said Agustin.

"Don't worry, the last time we even talked was in June and that was after we broke up. How have you been?" She asked.

"I'm alright, bur Brooks, he's very sick." Told Agustin.