Chapter twelve

Shelagh knocked softly on the door twice and waited nervously for a response. Almost instantly Sister Julienne opened the door smiling wide.
"Oh-- That was quick!" Shelagh exclaimed chuckling slightly, the nun nodded, practically beaming at her old friend.
"It's been too long. How have you been doing?' Sister Julienne said lightly gesturing for Shelagh to sit next to her, the desk seemed too formal for such a beloved friend.
"I've asked other people that same question so many times, but now I might go insane if someone asks me again." Shelagh sighed, the lilt in her voice slightly too desperately happy.
Sister Julienne chuckled, placing her hand on Shelagh's.
"You should know better than to try and hide things from me. I have known you for so long I can just look into your eyes and see you're troubled." She told Shelagh, smiling the same smile she used with patients who struggled with things after babies where born, despite her best efforts she was obviously concerned.
"As you know, after Beatrix was born I got Ill..." Shelagh managed, her voice started to break as tears swelled in her eyes. The nun nodded softly for Shelagh to continue, knowing she wasn't one to quit something she had started.
"Just as I was starting getting better Patrick got flooded with paperwork and was busy almost everyday... I never saw him. And then Patrick er- slipped up slightly... He said the baby was an inconvenience on his work..." Shelagh sighed staring at the floor as she spoke