Chapter Twenty-Two

Timothy

"Alex I'm scared they will send me away... And then I won't have anywhere to go..." Tim sighed to his friend, Alex shook his head in response.
"They wouldn't would they? I know em' an' they're decent people." Alex reassured Tim softly, the two boys sat in silence for a moment, the sounds of a busy pier surrounded them and the rustling of the paper their chips had came with was all they  the silence between the two.
"Do you ever doubt yourself?" Timothy asked quietly, Alex looked up from the packet of chips he had been having a staring contest with and shrugged,
''How d'ya mean? Like... Am I goin down to hell?'' Alex replied, Tim nodded his head in response. Alex inhaled deeply and shifted unconfortably.
"I ain't sure... God wouldn't send us teh hell cos of who we love, right?"
Alex asked uncomfortably
"Right. I hope." Timothy said, Alex looked around warily and took Timothy's hand softly, they stood and walked behind a pile of random rubble and imported items, Tim checked to see they weren't seen and kissed Alex on the cheek gently.
"I have to go home, I think I'm going to tell one of the nurses first, they'd react better. I think." Tim told Alex who smiled at his boyfriend.
"Be safe." He said, releasing Tim's hand and waving him goodbye.

Timothy walked through the streets waving at the strangers who knew his parents. He arrived at Nonnatus and took a deep breath before knocking...
Knock knock knock
The door swung open to reveal Nurse Mount, who seemed surprised to see the boy standing in front of her.
"Oh-- Master Turner! May I assist you at all?" She exclaimed, Tim suddenly became anxious and wasn't sure of what to say.
"I erm- I need help." He said, Patsy jumped into action quickly,
"Is everything okay?" She asked beginning to reach for her bag, Timothy shook his head slowly.
"Don't worry, no one is hurt. I just need advice." He said, Patsy softened, smiling at the young boy who shifted his weight from one foot to another awkwardly. Patsy stepped outside with him and closed the door, sitting down on the steps and gesturing for him to do the same. Tim sat and cleared his throat, unsure of what to say, he inhaled deeply and said it.
"I umm... I like someone. But I'm afraid my parents won't approve..." He sighed in relief. Patsy grinned at Tim and clapped him on the back gently.
"You have nothing to worry about. What's she like?" Patsy replied, Tim looked at his shoes in silence, waiting for the nurse to pick up on it.
"He. Not she..." Tim said so quietly Patsy almost couldn't hear.
"Timothy Turner, Don't you dare feel ashamed of who you are." Patsy said sternly, Timothy looked up and smiled slightly, well, not everyone hated him at least...
"You don't think I'm going to hell?" Tim asked just as quietly as before.
"If you are at least you won't be going alone." Patsy replied pointing two thumbs at herself.
"But -  Not a peep about it or I shall personally see to it that the decision in limbo will be strongly out of your favour!" She told Tim, laughing as he saluted her with wide eyes.
"Will you tell your parents?" She asked, putting an arm around his shoulder to keep him warm. Tim shrugged.
"I don't know... I want to but I'm afraid." He said timidly.
"If I tell my friends will you tell your parents?" She asked Timothy, he took a moment to think about it, eventually nodding in agreement.
"Then it's settled. You better hold your end of the deal!" She told him smiling.