02

Blood Sweat Tears by BTS

★ ★ ★ ★

"Hey neighbor girl," a voice called out.

I gasped in surprise, turning to my left to come face to face with the infamous Sebastian Snow.

In the couple months that I had lived here, I had never had a conversation with him before, despite him being right next door. However, from all the rumors that spread about him around school, I felt like I knew him.

He was the dictionary definition of hot, with shaggy black hair and piercing green eyes that were so pale, they almost looked like silver. He was tall too, surpassing six feet, with broad shoulders and strong muscles that weren't so bulky that they were unattractive. Rather, they were lean. And sexy. Very sexy.

I looked away though. I didn't want to be caught staring. Ian taught me that a pretty face didn't mean a pretty personality, and from what I knew about Sebastian, his personality was rotten.

"Sorry to disturb you, I'll go back inside now," I choked, reaching for the door handle.

"Wait," he called out. I froze. "Are you crying?"

Without responding, I went inside. What was I supposed to do? Confide in him and tell him that I was scared shitless because my stepfather was a terrifying monster?

Yeah, right.

I plopped onto my bed, completely and utterly exhausted. I was emotionally drained from today, and I just wanted to sleep. Closing my eyes, I waited for the dream world to take me away. Until I heard a knock on my balcony door.

What the hell?

Grabbing my bedside table lamp, I walked over to the door, ready to destroy anyone who threatened to make my day even worse than it already was.

"Howdy, neighbor," a familiar voice greeted with a cheeky smile on his face.

He opened the door without my permission and stepped inside my room.

"Nice lamp by the way. I'd really appreciate it if you didn't use it on me."

I sighed in irritation. "What are you doing here, Sebastian? And how did you get up here?"

"Ooh, I like it when you say my name," he grinned. "And I just climbed the terrace. No biggie."

"I'll repeat myself. What are you doing in my room," I whisper yelled.

He just shrugged carelessly. "I couldn't just leave a crying girl alone. I'm secretly a softie," he winked.

I rolled my eyes.

"It'd be nice if you told me your name so that I could stop calling you neighbor girl."

"You don't need to know my name," I replied, "And you can shoo now. I'm fine, really, just had a rough day. I'll get over it."

"Hmm, I'm not convinced," Sebastian responded. He grabbed my wrist; his grip was so much softer than Ian's.

I flinched, pulling away from him. Sebastian looked caught off guard, his enchanting eyes boring into mine, trying to read me.

"Sorry," he muttered. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"You didn't hurt me," I snapped. "I'm not that fragile. I just don't like being touched."

He scratched his head awkwardly before that cheeky smirk slipped back onto his face.

"Let's get out of here," Sebastian suggested.

"Why?"

He sighed, rolling his eyes. "Because you're upset and need a distraction. I need a distraction too. You're not the only one having a shitty night."