Gasoline

Frank

Well... I was finally out of the house...

but I wasn't satisfied just yet.

The drive was silent, I hate silence. The only sound was the rain hitting the window, the streets lined with small puddles and streams. I couldn't help but stare at how the streets were painted with mixes of gasoline and water, creating a mix of different bright pastel colors. Gerard was quietly humming something, but I could care less about what he was humming since I was so focused on the streets. I look at the sidewalk, noticing the way a young man ran as he was trying to not get wet, he seemed so free, like he could do anything he wanted, like nobody could stop him.

'Frank!', Gerard's shout pulled me out of my thoughts and my attention was his now. 'Do you want me to put on some music?', I simply nodded in response, I don't know why, but it felt like I couldn't talk. Gerard just put on the radio so that way there was background noise. My attention was back on the streets, drowning my thoughts out.

***

I had fallen asleep during the car ride, I didn't dream, I just saw black. Gerard tried shaking me to wake me up, but it didn't work. I finally woke up when he shouted my name. 'We're here.', We both slowly got out of the car and walked towards the restaurant. Once we got inside the man asked Gerard to see his ID, then he lead us towards the back. Then I quickly found out it was a club, not a restaurant.

***

I had too many drinks, my vision was blurred and my words were slurred, I couldn't walk straight and I couldn't feel a thing. I started to fall over until Gerard caught me, he seemed irritated, like something was on his mind and he hated it. 'Geeeeeee, what's a matterrrr?', it was hard to understand what I was saying because my words were so slurred, but somehow he got what I was saying. 'Nothing Frankie, we just need to leave, alright?', he sighed and looked down at me only to smile, his smile was absolutely stunning and it made me feel all warm inside, I started giving him a grin. 'Alright.', my words were a lot less slurred and Gerard just chuckled and hooked my arm around his shoulders so that way he was supporting me. A couple seconds passed and we were out of the club and in his car. I fell asleep after Gerard started to drive, the last thing I heard was a loud boom, and the shouts and screams of multiple people behind us.

***

'Wakey wakey Frank', Gerard was shaking me a little bit to wake me up. I shot up out of bed, confused and in a state of panic because I didn't know where I was. I started to calm down because I realised we were at home. 'Gerard, when did I get in bed?'

'Well, you never got in bed by yourself, you fell asleep during the car ride and I decided to just pick you up, change your clothes, and lay you in bed. You drank a lot last night so it was the least I could do.', he gave a warm smile that made me happy inside.

'Thank you Gerard, I enjoyed last night. I love you.', I smiled at him and gave him a hug. 'I love you too.', he returned the hug, but it was different. It was possessive yet protective, and I loved how warm and fuzzy I felt inside. 'Hey, Gerard?'

'Yeah?'

'Can we just cuddle and go to sleep?'

'Whatever you want babe.', He got onto the bed and started to cuddle with me, and in a few minutes we both passed out.