• 15 •

"Y-you what?" Naruto asked me.

"I love you. What's so confusing about it? I thought I was pretty clear." I replied.

"You were, I was just unsure if those words came out of your mouth. I thought that it would take a lot more for me to make you love me again." Naruto said.

"Yeah well, I forgive you. For everything. And I hope that you can forgive me for always assuming the wrong things." I told him.

"Princess I was never even mad or upset with you,"

I was pulled into a hug before I could say anything else.

"Thanks Naruto." I muttered into his chest.

"Don't worry Princess. We always find a third way out of things right. So let's find a third way to beat this sickness." He said trying to comfort me.

"C'mon lover boy. Let's get back to the room. You can stay the night tonight remember." I grabbed his hand and started walking to my hospital room.

When we got back all of my friends had left besides Sakura and Shion.

Sakura seemed to be sleeping lightly and Shion was looking around the room.

"Hey we're back." I said.

Sakura's head immediately shot up and Shion turned to look at us.

"So, any good or bad news?" Shion asked.

"Um, well there are things we can't tell you. But I am going to get treatments that could potentially save my life." I replied. I was allowed to tell them I needed surgery, but that can wait. My friends have been through enough in the past few days.

"That's great Kitty. Listen I love you and all but I'm SUPER DUPER tired, so I'm going to head home. I just wanted to wait for you so I could tell you goodnight." Sakura said as she gathered her stuff and left.

Now it was left with only Naruto, Shion and I. I walked over to my bed and sat down on the edge.

The awkward silence was terrible. I'm a natural born awkward person but this was even too awkward for me.

"Sooo, do I still get to be your maid of honor Shion?" I asked, trying to break the ice.

"Well of course! I won't let anything stop you from appearing at my wedding!" Shion shouted back her answer.

"Good. I'm looking forward to it. By the way we need to find dresses. Maybe not tonight but sometime soon." 

"What are you girls talking about?" Naruto butted into our conversation.

"Shion is getting married to Toneri. I'm surprised that ya'll didn't talk about it while I was sleeping." I told him.

"Everyone was too busy worrying about you to start conversations. Speaking of, I don't think I ever really thanked you for bringing her in Shion." Naruto said.

"Oh, it was no problem really! I had Toneri's help of course, but she really wasn't a problem." Shion waved her hands back and forth in front of herself.

"Well I feel bad, because if I had not been so petty then she would've stayed over at my house and she could've been my responsibility." Naruto explained.

"Listen, I am NO ONE'S responsibility. I'm not some child that can't take care of herself. I'm almost a 22 year old." I said defensively. I was no one's property or responsibility. 

"Alrighty then. I think I'm just going to scoot on out of here and leave ya'll to do your own thing." Shion grabbed her things and hugged me before leaving.

"Sorry about that. I should have known how you were going to act when I said your my responsibility." Naruto apologized.

I sighed. "It's fine."

"Hey, why didn't you tell them about your surgery?" Naruto asked.

I swung my legs onto the bed and reclined backwards. "Cause I figured that they had enough stress already and they didn't need anymore."

"Mhm makes since."

I closed my eyes and the room was silent for a while.Realizing that Naruto might have left I quickly opened my eyes and sat up.

I saw him sleeping softly on the small chair near my bed. I didn't want to wake him so I carefully lean over and gently kiss his forehead.

"Goodnight Naruto. I really do love you." I whispered before getting comfortable again.

And as much as I didn't want to sleep, the darkness soon flooded over me like a wave.

A/N  Sorry for the short chapter today. It was a little rushed, so it's unedited and is probably a sucky chapter but oh whale.

I'm getting rid of my time management thing because it didn't seem to work out for me. I really need to stop doing these. Anywho, GUESS WHAT??? WE REACHED +2K!!!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO SO MUCH. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I THINK MY BOOK WOULD BE THIS POPULAR!!! THANKS AGAIN!