Chapter 20

Chapter 20
Josh's POV

I hate being shorter than Paige, you know that? She's always had a dancers boy which causes her to be taller and skinnier by a little bit and I hate it. I hate it because I just spent 20 minutes with Paige putting on extreme makeup from her acting class on me. I assumed Paige would be the distraction, but I was wrong.

I looked at myself in the mirror with anger, but I was doing this for Maddie. Only Maddie. "Now tuck your feet into your shorts that are underneath the skirt. There! Perfect! Now put some shoes on your knees and practice walking in them. Nice!" Paige instructed as I miserably walked on my knees. "I hate you," I said coldly as she attached a Girl Scouts hat to my head and gave me two boxes of cookies. "Why couldn't you play that little girl?" I whined and she laughed slightly.

Like I said Paige was the sales champ. One year she made a bet with my mother that if she sold 1600 cookies, she could enter a pageant. However, Paige being the manipulative sneak she was, got my mom to sign a 'contract' that stated that Paige only had to sell 1600 cookies. There were 16 cookies to a box to Paige only had to sell 100 boxes. Once Paige revealed this to my mom she was punished, but did get to do the pageant, and won it too.

"Because I like making you mad sweetie!" She teased and grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside. I practiced walking on my knees halfway down the streets, until my knees were tired and I put the shoes back on my feet. "Do you want me to hold your hand as we cross honey?" Paige jabbed and I glared. "Put on a smile and shift your shoes we're almost there." She ended on a more serious note. I pushed my shoes onto my knees and watched jealously as Paige wandered into the woods where she would hide before saving Maddie.

I smiled and cleared my throat so I could speak in a girly voice. I sounded just as ridiculous as I looked, but if ridiculous would save Maddie, than I'd wear this to prom! I held the three boxes of cookies in one hand and steadied myself with the other as I slowly helped myself up the steps and rang the doorbell. I breathed out slightly, we were getting Maddie back, for good.

Narrators POV
(So you can see all that's happening at once)

Harry walked to the door angrily. The doorbell had interrupted his favorite show, Deal or No Deal. He liked watching all the beautiful women in the dresses. "What do you want?" Harry growled looking down to see the ugliest little girl in the world.

"What the fuck are you?" He asked as his wife approached the door. "Harry don't be rude this is a Girl Scout! I was a Girl Scout once, Maddie too, she always lost the cookie challenge to some Saige girl." Melissa rolled her eyes as Josh but his tongue to keep from retorting back. Saige was probably Melissa's awful memory of Paige. "I'm not buying any junk." Harry blurted as Melissa scolded him and bought the cookies Josh held without any required conversation. Josh had to figure out how to stalk the two because he hadn't received Paige's signal, but he was lost. Suddenly, Josh could only think of one thing. "Now, a new required song!" He squeaked nervously.

Meanwhile, Paige had crept around the back and found the window to Maddie's basement. She rapped on the window rapidly. Paige paused and waited for a moment, but Maddie hadn't answered. She heard conversing at the front door and was losing time. She finally gave up on being polite and hauled the window open. She gasped at the sight of Maddie laying unconscious by her bed.

"Maddie!" She whispered and ran to the limp figure. She heard nervous singing outside and wondered what the heck was happening. "Maddie," she continued to whisper, but gave in and pushed the figure out the window. Maddie's body hit the chilly snow lightly as Paige dragged her into the safety of the woods. She realized that she had been leaving a path and quickly ran back and forth across the lawn to divert attention from the pathway.

Paige had suddenly forgot about signaling Josh and waited in the woods. She heard some yelling and nervously bit her nails as she waited.

"Ring around the rosy, pockets full of posies," Josh hoarsely began to sing off key as the couple tried not to cringe at the awful sound. Josh awaited the whistle Paige was supposed to sound, but gave up and waved goodbye, hoping the two would shut the door.

The couple stared awkwardly at the hideous Girl Scout who waved instead of turning around and leaving. They slowly shut the door as Josh ran off. That was too close, he ran to the edge of the woods to see Paige waiting with a lifeless Maddie. "WHAT ABOUT THE SIGNAL?" He half yelled- half whispered. Paige mouthed "Sorry," and handed him the girl. Now they had Maddie, but were only sinking into deeper trouble, because pretty soon, the couple will discover their daughter which Paige and Josh technically kidnapped, is missing.

Josh looked down at Maddie with worry, what was next?

A/N- Sucky Chapter I know, I don't know if I should continue even if I'm almost done, I feel like that chapters get worse and worse. like this chapter, wtf?? Why did I make Josh a Girl Scout? NOBODY KNOWS I'm insane! Should I try to finish? 25 votes and 10 comments