Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Maddie's POV

"I umm, I have to go," I got up suddenly and turned on my heel to leave. "Tomorrow?" He asked quickly and I knew he probably had a smile plastered on his face.
No. I said in my head.
"Sure," I murmured.
What? My brain questioned, but my heart had taken over and I ran home quickly.
___________________________

I tiptoed lightly across the floorboards of my porch and decided it was too risky to come through the front door. I was due home 15 minutes ago and my father wouldn't let this go unpunished. I turned around and as quiet as a mouse I made my way to my basement window leading to my room. I pushed the broken screen backwards and squeezed through then pulled my backpack in behind me.
I pulled out my homework and began to work silently, when my father calmly made his way down the stairs. "Madison Ziegler please explain-" he began calmly but raised his voice to a louder level with each word. "-why the fuck you didn't come home at the appropriate time?!" I knew I couldn't tell him about Josh, so to avoid much trouble I lied through my teeth. "I missed the bus and didn't know how to get home." I said setting my book on the other end of my bed. "Well you'll remember where the hell you go next time!" He went to my closet and found the ruler. Then, he pulled me in by the collar of my shirt till I stood face to face with him. I could smell the profound smell of beer in his breath and winced as he grew me aside and whacked me 3 hard times. I thought it was over, but he continuously hit me until my back was of so many colors it wasn't recognizable, "How do you get home?!" He screamed. "On time!" I managed to squeak. He stalked out of the room and left me on the floor weeping to myself.

A/N: Aww! Poor Maddie! I know it's kind of as right now but wait till you see what happens tomorrow😏...
1 vote to continue! Also, sorry for the language, it's just for the dad's edge, but foul language will be of a minimum in this book👌