Chapter 20

Jade's POV
I felt like I had been punched in the stomach as I woke up to beeping and bright lights. Everything seemed blurry. A mask covered my face and my hair was everywhere. I tried to move it away but wires kept my hands away from my face. I felt an itchy blanket laying over me. As my vision cleared a little more I tilted my head side to side only to reveal that I was alone. I felt the bandages that covered my wrists. They'd found me. How long had it been since they'd found me? Who found me? What if they put me on suicide watch? I pulled the blanket into my fist and felt a tear roll down my cheek before the dark pulled me back under.
-
A worn hand brushed against mine. It had a similar feel to Frank's. My eyes fluttered open to Frank sitting beside my hospital bed. He smiled at me.
"Don't do anything like that ever again. I thought you were gone. I thought I'd lost you." Frank said. I tapped my mask , signalling for him to remove it.
"How long have I been out?" I asked hoarsely as I hadn't used my voice in a while.
"A week and a half." Frank answered. Frank slowly lifted my bed up so I could face him easier.
"Where's everyone else?" I asked.
"They're at home apart from Gee.He's waiting outside. He came with me when he got the call that you woke up." Frank answered. I nodded and swallowed.
"When can I go home?" I asked pleadingly. Frank glanced down at his feet.
"You aren't. The doctors won't let you." Frank answered glumly.
"What? What do you mean?" I cried. Frank looked back at me and took my hand.
"They're referring you as an inpatient to a teen mental health unit until further notice. You've been sectioned as you're too much of a risk and we can't change it but you're only going to be 50 miles away. I'll see you everyday. I promise." Frank explained. The tears dropped down my face.
"You can't let them take me. Please." I begged. Frank shook his head and squeezed my hand tightly.
"I can't. There's no way I can until you're up to 55 kilos minimum. You're sectioned." Frank replied. I shook my head.
"You shouldn't have found me. I should be dead. I don't want to be in a fucking nut house and you don't even try to get me out." I cried. Frank's hand left mine. We sat in silence for a few minutes.
"It wasn't me who found you. It was Bandit. She went to find you Jade but your bathroom was locked. She knew something was wrong as you had no need to be in there and she found a note in your sketchbook that she found so she went to Gerard." Frank whispered. My stomach dropped. Bandit found me? The guilt hit me like a wave. I should have died. I shouldn't be hearing that my sister found my locked door and the suicide note I wrote six months ago. I should be with my best friend.