Chapter 11

Jade's POV
After I had put Bandit to bed, which took forever, I had some time to kill. I didn't exactly want to go downstairs and sit on my phone so I decided to wandered around the second and third floor. There was one room on the second floor that I didn't know anything about. Frank just said that it was Gerard's space and I shouldn't go in there but I was desperate to know what was in there. I pushed the handle down and slipped into the room.
The room had two walls plastered with posters of bands such as The Who, Green Day and Thursday. The other walls were white. There were a lot of pictures dotted around too. Bandit, Lyn-Z, My Chemical Romance and some of a group of four kids as well as Mikey and Gerard with a girl who couldn't be much older than me. In the corner there was a bookshelf with awards, albums and Gerard's comics. There was a small recording studio in the room as well with a collection of guitars hanging on the wall with a few on stands on the floor. The desk had sketches, music scores and a Mac.
I picked up an acoustic guitar before sitting on the floor. I plucked the strings and quickly got the feel of the guitar.
"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time..." I sang as I began playing Good Riddance.
-
Gerard's POV
I went up the stairs to my office. I needed to do some work desperately. Since Jade had arrived I had fallen behind on three days work. The others were doing whatever. They probably watching a film. When I got towards to my office I noticed that the door was slightly open with the strumming of a guitar and singing came out. Everyone knew not to come in here and Frank had definitely told Jade to not come in here. I opened the door quietly to see Jade sitting on the floor with one of my guitars in her hands playing Good Riddance by Green Day. It was one of my favourite songs. I stood in the doorway quietly and let her the finish the song.
"Why are you in here?" I asked once she had finished.
"Who are the two girls in the pictures?" She asked.
"No one you need to know about. This is my space Jade Way. You're not allowed in here." I answered sternly.
"I'm sorry. I was just curious. It was a room Frank didn't say much about." Jade replied.
"Just go Jade. I need to do work." I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair. I watched her as she put the guitar back where it belonged before she scampered out my office with her head hung low.