Chapter 4

Frank's POV
I left her still crying about ten minutes later and went back downstairs. I felt so bad, she's only been here a few hours and it already feels like I've broken her trust. I sat down on the couch next to Gee and just looked into the distance.
"Frank are you okay?" Gerard asked. I looked at him, nodded my head and smiled before going back into my bubble.
"She's gonna be a character here. She already fits in extremely well. Her and Frank get along great." Mikey piped up.
"It's nothing. She deserves to be happy. We don't know what she's been through." I said as my eyes fixated on the clock. I rested my head on Gee's shoulder.
"I need to talk to you at some point." I whispered. Gerard nodded slightly. Gerard's phone pinged.
"Lyn-Z and Bandit are gonna be here soon." He smiled.
"Do you want me to go get Jade?" I asked.
"Yeah sure." Gerard answered plainly.
I ran up the two flights of the stairs with a massive smile on my face. I burst into her room.
"Jade..." I trailed off as she turned around with her hand pressed against her wrist and her hoodie sleeve rolled up.
"I'm sorry. Please don't tell Gerard. I'm begging you. I'm sorry." She sobbed. I looked at her and then at her wrist. She only looked back with pleading eyes. I got closer to her and took her arm gently before peeling her hand away from her wrist. Blood was everywhere.
Her whole wrist was butchered with fresh cuts.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Frank." She whispered. She rested her head on my shoulder. I used my free hand and stroked her head.
"It's okay. It's okay. Let's get you cleaned up." I said quietly. I guided her to my room next door and sat her down on the bed. I filled up a bowl of warm water and grabbed some cotton wool, antiseptic cream and a bandage. I put the bowl on the floor and dipped some cotton wool into it. I gently dabbed it on her wrist. The blood came off easily. The cuts looked fairly shallow so they didn't need stitches. I put some antiseptic cream on her wrist and put the bandage over the top. Once I'd tied the bandage I pulled her into a tight hug.
"I'm not gonna tell Gerard on one condition that you never do it again." I said.
"Promise?"She asked quietly.
"Promise and You can sleep in here tonight if you want. I don't want you getting hurt." I answered. I squeezed her hand and moved her hair out her face.
"You better remove that makeup. It's run quite a lot." I said.
"I don't have any wipes. I ran out yesterday. I wasn't planning on Gerard adopting me today and I look like a freak without it." Jade replied as she wiped away the last few tears.
"I have wipes. I always keep a pack." I said. I opened my drawer and pulled out a pack of wipes. I gently wiped away what remained of her makeup.
"You look really nice without makeup." I complimented. She smiled slightly and bit on her lip ring. She tugged her sleeve down so her bandage didn't show.
"You don't need to do that you know. A pretty girl like you doesn't need to do that." I said.
"I'm not a pretty girl and I don't know how to cope without it." Jade said.
"You are a pretty girl. Any boy would be lucky to have you but we need to go downstairs now, okay?" I assured her. She got up and left my room gripping at her arm like it was a precious belonging. She didn't even look back at me. She just walked out.
To me she was perfect. Pretty, kind, funny. I like her a lot but the only problem is she'll only ever see me as a brother.