The One With Harry's Theory

Start from the beginning

He walked over the hill and when he came to the other side he transported himself to the same clearing as before and called for Aithusa. She came after only two minutes.

"That was fast." Merlin told her when she had landed. He walked up to her and hugged her head and kissed her snout.

"My, my, you are affectionate today, Merlin." She joked. "I decided to wait in the area, because I figured you'll want to talk to me again soon."

Merlin released her head. "You figured right." He said and looked up at her.

"What has happened?" She asked concerned.

"I told them about my magic. I wasn't meaning to, it just happened. Harry caught one of my lies and demanded answers. They kind of know that I'm a Warlock." He grimaced.

"And why is that a bad thing?"

"I guess that it's kind of not a bad thing." He started pacing. "But it's more about the fact that they know I've been lying. They don't trust me anymore."

"The friend you told me about last time, how did he take it?"

"Not well. He was angry at me. It felt like Arthur all over again when he found out about my magic."

"But he did accept you in the end, did he not?"

"Yes, but...he asked me if I had any more secrets. He said that if I did, then I should tell him now, because he wouldn't give me a second chance later." He stopped and swirled around to face Aithusa. "I almost told him who I was but I couldn't. It was at the tip of my tongue but I couldn't get it out. He will hate me when he finds out."

"You don't know that for certain, Merlin."

"Yes I do." He turned his back on her and looked out over where Camelot used to stand. It was only an empty field now but you could feel the power around it. "But I'm going to savour the few months we have before I have to tell them for certain and hope that I will be able to move on. I've done it before, I can do it again."

"You shouldn't have to." Aithusa said sadly.

"There's another thing I want to talk to you about." He turned back to her, ignoring her last words. "Something happened yesterday when we were out shopping at Diagon Alley. We had just walked in to a clothes store, Madame Malkin's, when a blond boy appeared behind a set of clothes. He stood in front of a mirror and when I made eye contact with him, something dark swept over me. It clouded all my senses and all I could feel was anger. I almost did something regrettable to the boy. It the owner of the store hadn't interrupted...I don't know what would have happened. I walked outside and it wasn't until the boy had disappeared from the store and far away from my radar that the anger disappeared. Do you know what could have caused it?"

"Do you know who the boy is?"

"No. I was planning on asking Harry and the others when we came back yesterday, but after they found out about my magic, I forgot. They followed after him later on, when we were in another store, but I never found out why."

"I have heard about similar things happening before, and it was always the cause of very dark magic."

"Do you think he practises dark magic?" He looked at her surprised.

"Either that, or he's been subjected to it in another way, maybe against his will. Do you think he attends Hogwarts?"

"He looks to be the same age as Harry and the others, so I guess he does. They seemed to know each other."