When Truce Turns Another End

Before reading this story, please note:
1. It is a spinoff of King Dimitri and Princess Rosemarie Fanfiction (Vampire Academy and the Selection Fanfic)

2. It includes deleted scenes of the main story, King Dimitri and Princess Rosemarie Fanfiction

3. This story consists of different stories and scenes from the main story, and it doesn't follow the timeline and may jump back and forth.

You have been warned.

************************
Time: Thirteen years ago

Place: Russia

A guard banged into the military meeting without knocking, walked in huge strides to the General and whispered quickly on his ear. He didn't even bow to show respect to the King.

It was an unusual sight to be held, and in normal circumstances, with the noise the guard made, a scolding is inevitable, not to mention a possible punishment involving downgrading and pay cuts, or even a whipping. 

However today isn't any normal day where you start off with a blueberry muffin and coffee for breakfast (that's one of my dream breakfast in the morning), in fact, it hasn't been normal since the arrival of a letter from Norway royalties for a week. Everyone was looking at the big map of Russia on the large meeting table, with military reports thrown around the room.

"How about we sent troops to here, here and here," One of the military officers said, pointing at the map at the same time.

"No, we should wait out and see." another voice chimed in.

"Should we send ten thousand people in each spot?" A young military officer asked.

"Are you leaving the palace undefended? Or will you rather be the one stayed up all night to guard the palace instead, using your ridiculous idea on planting troops, duckling?"  Someone bellowed at the young officer, deeming him inexperienced with war affairs and have no idea what troop planting is.

"I think we should at least have 5 camping spots to wait out!"

"You are separating our forces, and it will weaken us, putting us in disadvantage!"

There was constant bickering in the room, and no compromises and decisions had been made since the morning. Or rather, since the day the emergency military meetings started to take place.

"Shut up!" The General yelled after receiving the report from the guard. The room finally remained silence.

"We are at war now, and everyone should put their effort in this by participating in strategizing, not screaming and yelling like a girl throwing tantrums!" Instantly, all the officers lowered their head in shame. As a military officer, they had a high rank in the military force, only a step down from the General. Many had been into wars and were best known for their great minds of strategizing and sending troops, helping Russia to defeat the enemy. With that amount of achievement and accomplishment, in a male dominating career, no one wants to be compared to a baby or a newbie.

"Sorry, Sir!" The officers were finally in sync for once. With a nod of the King's head in approval, the General started to speak.

"Now that I had everyone's attention," all the officers lowered their head in shame, "I would like to share a recent grave news. Sources claimed that the troops from Norway will arrive our land via sea route five days from now, not a week as we had previously thought. And there was evidence that rebels in the South will riot at the same time. " Everyone in the room looked unease, except the King.

"But...that means we don't have time on plant more troops to the front lines. It takes at least six days to send palace guards to there without stopping for gases. Not to mention, it takes one and a half week to plant troops in the South." An officer piped up, raising everyone's concern.