Until We're Gray and Old Part 2

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'll make it better okay?" Destiny vaguely reassures her turning the engine on. Sam doesn't bother responding as she looks out the window.

When they do get home Sam directly goes to their room with Destiny silently following her. The brunette watches her love fall to the bed and listens to her quiet cries against their pillows. She walks to the bed, sits at the edge and runs her hand across those red tresses. 

Sam is aware Destiny is giving her best to comfort her but the hurt, the disappointment and the anger towards her mother makes her put her walls up, shutting Destiny out. It takes a few minutes before Sam falls asleep with Destiny stroking her hair, it was inevitable. 

Once Destiny is sure her angel is deep in sleep, she slowly exits their room and walk to the living room, sending her mom a message. She sits at the dining table waiting for her mom to get there, deep in her thoughts she missed her mother's arrival.

"Hey baby." Clarice greets softly seeing that Destiny was in such deep thoughts. "How did it go with Ella?" She asks taking a seat.

"Hi mom." Destiny stands and hugs her mom before sitting back down. "As expected. Ella won't be joining us any time soon." She states sighing.

"She'll come around honey." Clarice knows that's a long shot. She has known Ella long enough to really understand the woman can be rigid in her beliefs. "How is Sam?" She inquires.

"Heartbroken. Despite knowing Ella's reaction, she was hoping that she'll have her mom at her wedding." Destiny explains. "How can I make this better for Sam mom? I want to give Sam everything she needs, everything she wants. I just want her happy." She confesses and Clarice smiles taking hold of her hand.

"Well you can make her happy in other things but we can't bend this one to our will." Clarice says sadly. "The most important thing is for you to be there and always be there for Sam." She adds getting a nod from her daughter.

End of Flashback

Sam snaps out of her thoughts when Destiny sits down on the other side of the table, her plate filled with breakfast. She smiles at the huge amount of food on the plate before turning her attention back to the child and her mom. 

Destiny notices this and reaches out her hand to give Sam's hand a gentle squeeze. When the other woman looks back at her, she gives her a smile and getting a sad one back.

"I haven't talked to her ever since we announced the engagement." Sam muses sadly. It has been 5 months and her mom did not bother to contact her. The only time they ever talk is at work but the older Baltimore treats it as an employer-employee instead of a mother-daughter.

"Hey. Come on. It's our honeymoon." Destiny tries to cheer her better half up to no avail. Despite the smile the woman is giving her, she can see the sorrow in those blue-gray eyes she loves so much.

"You're right. I shouldn't be sad. It's our honeymoon. I'm sorry." Sam smiles but it never reaches her eyes. "Let's eat." She announces digging into her plate while Destiny stares at her before eating her own breakfast. 

They finish their breakfast an hour later, Sam wondering what they would be doing for the day since they will be having dinner at Aroma Avlis.

"Hey babe. Do you wanna explore the place or go back to our room to rest up some more?" Destiny asks, holding Sam's hand as they walk around the hotel.

"Anything you wanna do baby." Sam answers, stops in her tracks before being lifted by her wife.

"In that case, I would very much like to cuddle with my wife." Destiny grins at the blush that's covering Sam's cheek. Before she can respond, Destiny is running across the lobby getting some stares from the other hotel guests. They laugh all the way back to their room and Sam squirms against the arms that are holding her.