Trivia

My original idea for the story was for Destiny to fall in love with Kate but I somehow changed my mind. This story has been playing around my crazy head since 2013 but I never got the chance to write it down because of the lack of concrete story line. When I did manage to sit down and write it, I gave into the idea of introducing Sam. There are 2 or 3 reasons as to why I didn't have Destiny and Kate end up together.

One: Kate is Jeff's girlfriend and I didn't want her to cheat on him or Destiny to be the cause of a broken relationship. Nope. Not a huge fan of people who breaks an established relationship. Also it would cause more friction between Jeff and Destiny. I want them to be able to amend their relationship like how Destiny and her mom is doing.

Two: Despite the lack of sibling love between Destiny and Jeff, they are still siblings, maybe not by birth but still, and I strongly believe that no matter how much you hate your family that there is still love for them. Destiny does love and respect Jeff because he is after all her brother.

Three: I actually like Sam. I think she's good for Destiny and vice versa.

In my original idea, Sam never existed, Destiny and Kate slept together, Jeff finds out but goes through his plan of proposing to Kate, Destiny goes back to Japan and there is NO HAPPY ENDING. As I said above, I scrapped that idea and introduced Sam to be the one destined for Destiny (ha, cliche).

Question: I have an insane idea of doing a sequel to this story but I'm reluctant to do so because for me Sam and Destiny already got their happy ending. So sequel, yes or no?

Would love to hear from you guys :)

Have a good year!