It Was His Playground and Now His Artistic Domain

Savannah's P.O.V.

I sat in Calculus class, reading. I had finally given up on paying attention, and had decided to indulge in my new book.

None of the guys were paying attention, but they weren't being as discreet as my reading under a notebook. Instead, Jonah and Brayden were playing paper finger football across my desk and John was watching with a fascinated laziness. Reese as usual was being the devoted student and paying adamant attention.

Suddenly, I felt something smooth slip down the front of my shirt. With a sigh, I reached down the front of my sweater and grabbed the paper out of the bra it had fallen into. After extracting it, I gave it back Brayden, not looking up from my copy of Paper Towns by John Green which I had chosen as my literature for John and my English assignment.

Not a minute later I felt the paper slip down my white sweater again. Dragging my eyes away from my book I finally looked up to send Brayden a glare. "If you do it again, it's staying down there," I threatened and quickly fished the scrap out. Brayden smiled a wide, faultless smile at me without a word and I sent him one more glare before returning to my book.

For five minutes I got to read in peace between paper footballs hitting me in the nose. But once more, the paper fell down my shirt. Instead of reacting as I had the past two times, I continued to read.

I blocked out the whining of Brayden and Jonah until I felt something poking my knee. "Stop," I snapped, trying to move my knee out of range. Looking up, I was met with Brayden's "puppy dog face". His lip was out and he was trying to flutter his eyelashes in an innocent way. Brayden was anything but innocent.

"Give us the football back Savannah," Brayden pouted. I raised an eyebrow, unimpressed, and said condescendingly to him as if he was a child, "No. I told you that if you did it again I wouldn't give it back. It's your fault and now you have to deal with the consequences.

They whined for another couple of minutes before they got bored and grumpily turned back to their desks.

I looked up at John and was startled to find that he was still watching me with an amused expression on his face.

"What?" I asked my face heating up at bit. "They aren't children you know. They could honestly beat you up if they wanted too," John said.

"Yeah, but then she wouldn't look so hot," I heard Jonah pipe in behind me.

I rolled my eyes at this while John sent a threatening glare at him. I turned to Jonah and asked, whilst trying my best flirty smile, "Jonah, could you sharpen my pencil for me please?"

He looked shocked, because I had never once tried to flirt with him, and I honestly had never flirted with anyone before. Ever.

He cleared his throat and said, "Only if you promise to give back our paper football."

Lying with a smile I shrugged and said, "Okay." Grinning, he took my pencil and walked toward the front of the classroom.

Once he was out of earshot I quickly dug into my shirt and found the scrap of paper. Looking to make sure he wasn't watching I hissed at John who was still watching me, "Quick, give me your hand."

Confused, he stuck his hand out. I stuck the piece of paper into his hand and quickly closed his fingers around it. "Take it," I hissed. With a confused look still plastered on his face, John withdrew his hand and stuck the paper football in his pocket. "Why?" he hissed back.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't actually want to give it back. I won't get anything done! Anyway, I really needed my pencil sharpened for my drawings and I was too comfy to get up."