That Strange House

Five minutes just passed, and she's still inside the bathroom. Chaeyoung bites her lower lip, couldn't hold herself from worrying more and more. She's eyeing the bathroom door, wanting to continue the chit-chat, with another topic. But, it looks like Mina won't go out anytime soon.

So, Chaeyoung thinks she would just wait for the girl. It's the time when she hears that.

A sob.

Chaeyoung freezes for a moment, wanting to hear the voice clearer. And she fastly stands up, approaches the bathroom. She puts her earlobe onto the bathroom door, and that's the time she realizes.

That the sobbing voice is coming out from the bathroom.

Mina is crying inside it.

04 The Strange House

She cried. Myoui Mina.

Last night, Chaeyoung was just standing before the door, listening to Mina crying. It was a soft and quiet cry, like Mina won't let Chaeyoung know about it. But, when she came out and found that Chaeyoung was actually listening to her, she just stood there. Her eyes were swollen, red and bad. She casted down and hided her face from Chaeyoung after that, scurried towards the bed and jumped onto it. She covered herself with the duvet, mumbled 'I have to sleep earlier tonight. Enjoy the pizza and the soda'. And that's all. Nothing more happened. Mina just slept after that, left Chaeyoung again, confused, questions in all over her mind.

Actually, Chaeyoung can't sleep last night. She tried so hard, closing her lids and counting sheep inside her mind, but it was no avail. She was really confused with Mina. That girl kept doing something... unfamiliar. She didn't come home in one night. She came drunk, and cried. Those are enough to make Chaeyoung can't understand Mina at all. She's not that close with Mina, though, but she wants to. She always tries. Chaeyoung's willingly listening to all Mina's problems. Because Chaeyoung's been imagining about that, have a roommate to share feelings, problems, and probably, love stories.

Chaeyoung always wants to be friends with Mina. She didn't tell a lie last night. When she told Mina that she's fine with the way Mina survives, she didn't lying. She told the truth, really. She respects people's choices, good or bad. Like, oh god, they're just human. No one's perfect, we all have our own lack in things. The only right way to live as a decent person, is to respect people, no matter what. Don't judge people by its cover.

Chaeyoung really wants to be friend with Mina, she really does. And she hopes Mina could feel that through Chaeyoung's actions.

This morning, Chaeyoung woke up early, yet Mina wasn't in the room anymore. She's left already. Probably she had a morning class, or anything, Chaeyoung just tries to think positively about her roomie.

And now, Chaeyoung's inside her class, zoning out, thinking about her roomie while the lecturer is teaching. She doesn't realize when the lecturer finished his class and left the room. It's only when one of her friend taps her shoulder, asking why she's still there, she realizes that she'd been thinking too deep about Mina.

It's 2 pm right now, and Chaeyoung goes to the cafeteria to have her lunch. She walks there alone, trying to find something good to eat. She buys something, and walks around the cafeteria to find a good spot for her to eat. She's not a fan of crowd, so she prefer the one that's vacated. When she finds one, she scurries towards it. She sits there, open up her menu, and is about to start eating when she sees someone not so far from her.

It's Mina, sitting on one of the table. Eating her food composedly. But, that's not the shocking part yet.

She's not alone. There are two girls with her, sitting on the same table with her, chatting with her. Chaeyoung, for a very brief seconds, thinks if she should join them. But, she also thinks that she shouldn't do that. She's a newbie there, and it might be something impolite to do that.