A Promise

At the very moment, she suddenly hears a knock, coming from the outside.

"Mina?" Chaeyoung involuntarily calls, leaps to her feet and scurries towards the door. She opens it, just to see Mina's in her drunk state.

Her face is all red. She grins stupidly, just like a drunk people do.

And she's not alone.

She's with someone. A girl, with a waved long hair and bangs covers her forehead. That girl's propping Mina's body by putting Mina's arm around her shoulders, she's shorter than Mina. The girl smiles awkwardly, but also kindly at the same time.

"Hi."

03 A Promise

Chaeyoung stares at the girl for a moment. "Hi," replies her awkwardly. She looks at Mina in worry. "What happened?"

"Yo, Chaeyoung!" Mina suddenly shouts. She doesn't look so good right now. Her face is red like a tomato, and her hair is such a mess. She keeps mumbling something unclearly, her lips aren't stop curving and making a stupid smile, while she can't even stand properly right now. And that's why this girl is propping Mina's body, and she looks kinda tired. "Hey, could you give me a hand?"

"Ah, sure. Sorry." Chaeyoung fastly takes Mina's free hand, putting it around her shoulder. They get inside the dorm, walk towards the bed, and then the girl throws Mina's body onto the bed recklessly.

"Hey, slowly, please!" Mina shouts in rage, apparently still conscious enough to scold her friend for treating her harshly. At the next second, she's back smiling again, with her lids are half-closed. She looks silly, but kinda poor at the same time. "Girl, I want some soju!"

"You're drunk, Mina. Please quit it," the other girl pushes Mina's body down to the bed softly. Her voice is somehow calming Mina. "Just take a sleep. You need to rest."

Mina glares at the girl for seconds. And when Chaeyoung thought the girl would get pissed, Mina suddenly shouts in eager. "Okay!" She then closes her lids, pulling up the duvet and covers her body. Just like that, she starts sleeping.

The next scene is the other girl heaves a deep sigh, eyes are fixated to Mina's figure. "Such a poor girl."

"Excuse me?" Chaeyoung interrupts, wanting to know what she meant by saying that. The girl turns her head. "Ah, sorry, there. That's nothing." She smiles, her big pair of eyes are so beautiful. "I'm Jihyo, by the way. Mina's friend."

Mina's friend. That words sound so strange to Chaeyoung. She fastly rids off the thought, being harsh is not her. "Hi, Jihyo. I'm-"

"Chaeyoung, right?" this Jihyo girl fastly cuts off the words. "Mina told me about you before. Like, a lot."

Chaeyoung ceases at this, deciphering what she just heard. "Mina did what?"

Jihyo smiles fondly. "Nothing. Forget it," she smiles again. She walks across the room, takes Mina's bottle of water, and emptying the bottle in seconds. She looks kinda tired, probably had to prop Mina's body all the way.

Chaeyoung stares at Mina's figure, who now is sleeping deeply. "What happened to her?" she nods to Mina, approaching Jihyo. She waits for Jihyo to finish her drink. "Did something bad happened to her?"

Jihyo answers the curious question with a smile. Her face shows that she's worried of Mina. "Nothing happened, Chaeyoung. She just wanted to drink, and she passed her own limit. That's all."

No. She's lying. There's definitely something happened, and Chaeyoung could sense it.

"But, she wasn't at home last night. And now, she's drunk and-"