Part Five - Will You?

*Katherine's POV*

I stare at Prince after he dared me to tell him I don't like him after our steamy make out session, he got me there. But does he have to be so cocky about it? I wouldn't have so much trouble liking him if he wasn't so...himself sometimes. His fingers run up and down my thigh which gives me goosebumps, he looks up at me.

"You still haven't said anything, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing." He says.

"I don't know either, I'm still processing what just happened." I say softly.

I reach down and play with his fingers that were on my thigh, he smiles.

"I really do like you, Katherine. I wouldn't have made a move on you like that just for the fun of it. I'm not that type of person." He admits.

I look him in the eye, I see that he's sincere with his statement. I need to be honest with him.

"I know. I'm just afraid." I sigh.

"Afraid? Afraid of what?" He asks.

"I've been in many relationships, where I've given it my all and I've been constantly cheated on or I've never received any effort back...like I've been having a relationship with myself basically. I just don't want that again, I haven't had a proper relationship where I've felt appreciated and loved in such a long time, I forgot what that feels like." I admit.

Prince reaches up and pulls some of my hair behind my ear. He caresses my cheek before pecking my lips.

"I would never treat you in such a way, sure I may have the status that I have but that doesn't mean I'm not any different from anyone else. I'll remind you each and every day how wonderful you are and tell you and show you just how much I appreciate you and love you. I'd happily show you off to the world as my girlfriend, hopefully one day my wife." He explains.

I smile as I lean into his hand that's on my cheek, taking in his words. It's been a long time since I've actually been in a relationship, I've been longing to be in another one but the right one. I can see Prince smiling at me from the corner of my eye.

"So I have a question." He says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Will you be my girl?" He asks.

I put my finger on my chin pretending to think, his smile is disappearing slowly.

"Hmm, I dunno." I say.

I look over at him and he's not looking happy, I'm trying so hard to not laugh.

"I was joking. Yes, I will." I laugh.

His face lit up and he pulls me down onto his lap again. Pressing his lips to mine, engaging in a spell binding lip lock. What feels like hours later but actually seconds later, we pull away.