He's Real

House of the Rising Sun - Animals

"It's a relic." Lydia said, showing us the student ID card that Liam, Mason, and Corey found the other day. Malia, Scott, Lydia, and I were in the school hallways.

"What's a relic?" Malia asked.

"An object with a fixed association to the past." Lydia informed. "Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken. And Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom floor."

"How can someone be erased, and still leave something behind?" Malia questioned.

"A conservation of mass." Lydia simply stated. Scott and Malia stared confusedly at the strawberry blonde.

"I'm sorry, what? English please." I squinted my eyes at Lydia.

"The total mass of any isolated system remains constant." Lydia explained.

"So, even the Ghost Riders have a weakness." Scott summed up.

"Then, that should mean that Stiles left something behind, right?" I clutched the straps of my backpack.

"Yeah," Malia grabbed Jake's ID card and stared at it, "a relic would be proof that Stiles existed."

"And maybe we can bring him back." Scott looked at me. I nodded, biting my lip.

"We can totally do this." I hoped. "But where can we start looking for something Stiles may have left behind?"

"It would help if his parents would allow us to look for his things or room." Malia shrugged.

"Well, maybe we should start looking into that." Scott started to walk away. "I got to go meet up with Liam and Mason in the library. Text me if you guys find anything."

"I go to go to class. What are you two going to do?" Malia looked between Lydia and I.

"We're going to talk to Sherriff Stilinski." Lydia said.

"We are?" Lydia gave me a look. I licked my lips and looked at Malia. "We're going to go talk with the Sherriff."

"Okay, keep us informed." Malia walked to the classroom across the hall.

"So, why are we gonna talk with the Sherriff?" I asked as the both of us started to head out of the school.

"When we were at his house, I had a Banshee moment. There's something in that house I need to see." Lydia pushed the doors open.

"What is it?"

"A wall in the hallway."

"A wall?" I furrowed my eyebrows as we walked into the parking lot towards Lydia's car.

"A wall." Lydia confirmed. "I saw an elderly woman walk through it."

"Did you inspect the wall after that happened? She was dead right? Like a ghost?" I asked. Lydia fished out her keys and unlocked her car.

"She was dead and no. Mrs. Stilinski called me when I was trying to." Lydia opened the driver's door and got in. Following her lead, I entered the car and buckled up.

"Okay, is it just me or are you getting a bad vibe about her?" I threw my backpack into the back seat.

"What do you mean?" Lydia turned the ignition on and started to drive out of the parking lot.

"I don't really know. I got a bad vibe from her the other day. She was acting weird. And," I glanced at Lydia. "She kept eyeing you."

"Eying me how?"